SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do u have any rocks with coralline if so point a powerhead on it to help spread the spores around also scrape some with a razor blade.if u dont have any ask 4 some scrapings

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Coraline algae will grow rapidly when the tank's parameters are good, and the tank has proper flow and lighting. Don't bother with additives like "Purple Up" and only dose what you are testing for.

If you really feel that you need to speed up the process, the safest way to do it is to put a piece of rock with coraline near the output of a powerhead.

Of course... when you're scraping it off your front glass in a few months, you'll be wondering what all the hype is about.

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you need a peice of rock w/ lots of coraline on it, if you don't have one, it'll take forever till you get it, also maintain proper iodine level. Personally, I like using purple up.

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i used a seeded rock and purple up and had outstanding results.... Could have been the water quality but i believe in the purple up myth

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i believe in the purple up myth

I won't really say that it's a myth, I just don't think it's necessary. There's a lot of other things for the tank I'd rather spend money on.

It's kind of like drying your dishes with a blowtorch. If you let them sit in the dish rack, and maintain good drying conditions (i.e. don't spray them with more water), they dry pretty quickly. Sure you could hit them with a blowtorch, but is it really necessary?

SWITCH420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kind of like drying your dishes with a blowtorch. If you let them sit in the dish rack, and maintain good drying conditions (i.e. don't spray them with more water), they dry pretty quickly. Sure you could hit them with a blowtorch, but is it really necessary?
LOL
like a lot of things in this hobby it just takes time...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: