Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 05:24 PM
DEEPWATER
Send a Private Message
Warning To All Sen Pump Users !!!

WARNING TO ALL SEN PUMP USERS !!!

Well as we all know we had a prob withthe mag drive pumps screws rusting on us ,
Well i can a cross another pump that does the same ,but this freaking pcs of chit rstedin 3 months time and i mean bad,I called the company and they are some off the boat type ppl,barly speaking english ,well just a BIG AS WARNING AGAIN TO ALL SEN PUMP USERS CHECK OUR YOUR IMPELLER WHERE THE MAGNET IS IN ,
Here re some pics ,of the impeller ,pls guy if you are using MAG DRIVE PUMPS AND NOE SEN PUMP YOU MUST CHECK IT OUT VERY WELL IN OUT UP OR DOWN <
Now i know what happened to my zoos
Attached Thumbnails

Old 12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
ReefsMagazine!
Reefer Ratings: (43 (100%)
Friends: (38)
Send a Private Message
is the impeller wrapped in metal? and is it de-laminating?

that's messed up Ronen. at least you found out what was going on, I hope that solves the mystery's of the slimy zoa's
Old 12-02-2005, 06:20 PM
DEEPWATER
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale
is the impeller wrapped in metal? and is it de-laminating?

that's messed up Ronen. at least you found out what was going on, I hope that solves the mystery's of the slimy zoa's
YEah seem like they wrapped it with a Stainless steal bs thing ,took it off ,i spoke to the owner as i vendor in NY (that helped ) But he explaned that the coating is messed up and he is looking iton the mess up ,and will send me a new impeller ,other wise ,ppl make sure if you ahve these pumps to check ,thx g-d or is too bad that it hit my expensive zoas ,
lost my RPE about 15 polyps ,Safe*******s baout 25 polyps ,and fire******* zo ansbout 50 polpys ,but the cheaper one it did get ,and i think i saved the rest of the tank ,so thats good
Old 12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
ReefsMagazine!
Reefer Ratings: (43 (100%)
Friends: (38)
Send a Private Message
hey, you might want to run a polypad to try and soak up the remaining metals in the water. or do a 100% water change, good thing your tanks are not huge.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:11 PM
DEEPWATER
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale
hey, you might want to run a polypad to try and soak up the remaining metals in the water. or do a 100% water change, good thing your tanks are not huge.
poly pad are already running 2 of them cut to size ,and a new bag of chemi pure ,
going to do a 25 gal water chage tomorrow morning ,making up water now .
i dont think im in the mood for a 100% right now ,ill do another 25 gal the next day ,
thing are ok i nthe tank ,nothing else got infected ,only my head trying to figure out what happen and then looking at the skimmer ,it want working correct so took it and the pump part.

Im a strong believer tha thing just dont happen in a tank ,something has to cuz it>thk g-d i caught it this time .
lost some stuff ,but better then the the entire tank
Old 12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (8)
Send a Private Message
Thanks for the heads up
Are Sen pumps distributed by Won Brothers?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Seachem makes two products that will help first is a rechargable one that is called purigen think it is one bag per 100-150g of water works like 300% better than carbon. The other item you can try is Cuprisorb it is for copper and heavy metals I think it can be recharged also but not for sure on that. They are pretty inexpensive but work awsome. I use the purigen now instead of carbon. It also clarifies your water and makes it look sooo much better. The pump when you say sen is that the full name? because I am about to order a pump and I want to make sure I stay away from that brand for sure...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:32 PM
DEEPWATER
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
Thanks for the heads up
Are Sen pumps distributed by Won Brothers?
yes they are ,spoke to him on the phone ,he states that i should clean every month ,but it has nada to tdo with it ,its 2 month old pump by the looks its been like that for a month already

Last edited by DEEPWATER; 12-02-2005 at 11:37 PM..
Old 12-02-2005, 11:34 PM
DEEPWATER
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom
Seachem makes two products that will help first is a rechargable one that is called purigen think it is one bag per 100-150g of water works like 300% better than carbon. The other item you can try is Cuprisorb it is for copper and heavy metals I think it can be recharged also but not for sure on that. They are pretty inexpensive but work awsome. I use the purigen now instead of carbon. It also clarifies your water and makes it look sooo much better. The pump when you say sen is that the full name? because I am about to order a pump and I want to make sure I stay away from that brand for sure...
I heard of this product and going to my LFS tomorrow mornign i remember the guy saying he has them instock ,thx for the reminder
Old 12-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
That sucks! Honestly Ronen i don't think that wiped out your zoo collection. Down inside i hope it did because you found the problem.