that fish guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking to buy a titanium heater, can someone please suggest a good one. I have been doing some research and the only thing I have really came upon was ViaAqua. I actually went to a local fish shop by me and the marine manager told me that a customer of his bought a ViaAqua 100 watt titanium heater and the controller actually sparked and the spark lit his house on fire. The tank was in a finished garage and the whole garage was in flames (good thing he was home to stop it from spreading). His insurance company is actually suing ViaAqua later this month to pay for the damages. Anyway... the only other brand that was recommended to me was Azoo, but I could not find any real good reviews about the product. Also I really don't want to spend a fortune on the heater. Under 100 bucks for a 100 watt one would be great.

Thank you for your help.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Do a little research by clicking on the search button above.;) You'll find some threads/post on heaters..
No heater is safe as far as I'm concerned!!!! I highly recommend all heaters to be run on controllers, and to be inspected regularly.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have via aqua's...never had a problem with them. The thermostat is more accurate than on any other heater I have used, and I like the fact that it can be placed so far away from the tank. The other brand may be better, I haven't used it, but I'm perfectly happy with Via Aqua.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
i have had a few of the finnex titanium heaters and they all crapped out on me. i like the marineland ones that are made of black plastic. they are cheap and seem to hold up really well.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I use stealth heaters never had a problem. I even forgot it was plugged in once when I was doing a water change I had it in a bin with all the stuff from my tank and it was running dry for several hours on top of a container of cichlid buffer. I smelled burning but couldn't figure out what it was. I thought it was my new light fixture on my ceiling I kept smelling it LOL. Finally when I was done doing the change and realized it was the heater I thought it would be toast and I'd have to throw it out but still atleast a year later it works as good as the day I got it. After that it's good in my book. A glass heater prob would have exploded. Go stealth and save some money if anything grab 1 off ebay.

that fish guy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like I said I used to love stealth heaters. I loved the fact they have an automatic turn off if they are out of water, but I just don't trust them anymore. I have 2 right now that I got about a year ago and all of a sudden both crapped out on me and I am using back up heaters until I can find good titanium ones. And also titanium ones are really only 10 bucks more than the stealth heaters on most online stores.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Don't you think it's a bit ODD that they BOTH crapped out at the same time? Sounds like you had an electrical problem and they shorted out. Why would they BOTH die at the same time? HIGHLY unlikely brotha also as far as I know they don't have an automatic shutoff because mine was on for hours burning my container of buffer I only noticed because when I picked it up it burnt the shyt out of me! LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: