nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
2 bangai cards
can someone rec a small tang i can get (have a 75gal)
a clown pair of some sort percs or maroon or tomatos
dwarf angel (bicolor-or flame)
asst gobies (algea blenny, clown,watchman etc)
serpent star and fromia or linkia
small hermits
*green or rose bubble
* upside down jellyfish

any and all comments welcome

*pending what other reefers say)

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
2 bangai cards
can someone rec a small tang i can get (have a 75gal)
a clown pair of some sort percs or maroon or tomatos
dwarf angel (bicolor-or flame)
asst gobies (algea blenny, clown,watchman etc)
serpent star and fromia or linkia
small hermits
*green or rose bubble
* upside down jellyfish

any and all comments welcome

*pending what other reefers say)

I wouldn't do the Maroons or Tomato Clowns in that tank ... you will regret it in the long run ... they are nasty little (not really little) buggers ... down the line if you want to add something given it's only a 75G tank ... they will most likely tear that new fish apart.

No Jellyfish ... they require a special system to keep them ... and on top of that being very difficult to keep even in a system designed for them.

Bicolor Angel ... Had one A LONG time ago ... was definitely a coral picker so he was banished to a F/O system ... Flame Angel ... had 3 of them in the course of 14 years ... never a problem with LPS, SPS or softies (maybe I just got lucky).

If you like anemones and don't mind the fact that they move around, potentially (and most likely) to a spot you don't want them in ... go for it.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i completely agree with DCG1286.

going down you list...

the cardnials are nice fish. dont do much, kinda float in one spot all day, but nice

the tangs, my personal favorite is the hawaiian kole tang. not the spotted kole, they can be slightly aggressive. yellow tangs are most common if you want common. sailfins are nice but will realy tall after a long time. convicts and scopas are small and very easy to keep and good schooling fish but not alot of color. stick with easy. some can became slightly aggressive.

the clowns DCG said already they can become a hassle after some time. very pretty, i love GS maroon clowns but any fish same size and smaller, forget about it.

for angels, the bi color is claimed to be reef safe, id say no. ate all my xania and zoos and ect. i have a flame in my reef right now, they are hit or miss though. i had a few in the past and they nipped a little, but well fed with sponge in the food and they are fine.

gobies, star fish ect are fine. algae blennys are good, yasha haze are my favorite, pink luther, watchmens, ect. all fine choices. if u can find a large convict worm goby(constructor goby) they are real cool. eveyone thinks mine is a eel. its around 8 inches and very friendly, would never touch a fish and a amazing sand sifter.

rose bubble tips are nice, some pets shops pricy but nice, bubble tip and simple, good lighting and such. but all around good choice.

good luck with your selection and tank!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I agree with both previous post! Especially with what has been said about the tomatoe, and even so more with the gs maroon.

Only thing I have to add is that if you end up with another GS Maroon from H__L you will regret it big time. Mine killed everything I put in the tank including niger triggers from 2" to 5", dwarf angels, lg. angels, tangs... you name it, it killed it, and this all happened in a 6' - 120 gallon tank.:sad2: She was plain old evil....

In my 155 reef there are a ocellaris & a black saddle back with no problems, and a 2 clarkies along with 2 pink skunks in my 120 with no issues so far.
I'd say, but this is just my opinion: STAY AWAY FROM THOSE GS maroons, maroons, and tomatoes. Don't have first hand knowledge with the cinnamons, so can't say...;)

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
cinnamons are identical to gs maroons. personally i love them. if you have only one there is a slight risk. no perculas or any small clowns. but a pair. HA. you would think it was like a grouper the way they pest so many fish in your tank. a pair of cinnamons are like world tag team champions in wrestling haha

perculas my opinion are the friendliest clown you can get. dont get too big but grow decently in a matter of months. but they will NOT fight back. at least mine dont. i have six(3 mated pairs) and none of them mess with each other or any other fish in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: