Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
the only way to get rid of them is to manually remove all you can.

you need a magnifying glass so that you can see the eggs and remove them with a pair of tweezers. then you take the zoa's and dip them in a dip of lugol's solution, this will kill the nudi's. shake it around in the dip when you are done you will see the nudi's at the bottom of the dip. if you do this you will get rid of the most important part which is the eggs. the eggs look like a spiral pouch.
once you've removed all you can, some wrasses are known to eat them, I was lucky when i purchased a yellow coris wrasse which did a good job of ridding the tank of them. good luck. BTW if removal of the zoa's from the tank is not an option them there are other options. the most important part is removing the eggs.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
How big is your tank? There is also coral RX. With flatworm exit you need to do water changes to keep the toxin from overwelming the livestock.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Make sure that you have some gloves on, because their diet consists of zoa's the nudibranch can be just as toxic.

Also make sure you get all the white spiral egg pouches.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I would remove any colonies that you see them on, and throw them out....the chance that you miss one or two, or eggs is high, I would rather waste 1 or 2 colonies, then risk losing all of them.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The "best" wrasse for the job is believed to be the elusive "Sea Grass Wrasse" pretty cool fish. I would go with a Coris, or I personally kept an Emerald. Good luck , remember, it's part of the hobby....

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
fresh water dip, ph adjusted, turkey blast zoa's bowing them off, iodine dip won't hurt or revive after dip, egg's you have to manually remove, if you have a qt put in there with a 6 line, not a fan of them cause i like fairy wrasse's, but any halichorus sp. as long as sand, also depending on size of tank which on if any , one of may fav's when adult color's but gets 6" or so,
http://www.reeflex.net/tiere/201_Halichoeres_ornatissimus.htm

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
ight ,ive been pickn em off,im not tossing my colony,i would rather spend a hour getting em off.How long should they be dipped in RO water for 60 sec?thanks for all the advice

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Speaking from experience, when I did the lugol's dip, I did it for about 5 minutes. The solution was made with saltwater. I would swish the colony around and then let it sit and swish it around again. The lugol's helped heal the zoa's and kill the nudi's . By the way I did this once a week for three weeks and this along with the wrasse rid my tank of the nudi's.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
When you get rid of the egg sacs, you prevent any more from hatching while killing off the adults. Hope this helps.

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

I use to have nudis also on my system until I bought my yellow coris wrasse that's all it took and in top of all that is a beautiful fish.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Do you have a sandbed in the tank?
btw - the Coris will be asleep during the primary time the nudi's are out munching on your zoas.

Best to use a combination of fish & the method Alex suggested:
Speaking from experience, when I did the lugol's dip, I did it for about 5 minutes. The solution was made with saltwater. I would swish the colony around and then let it sit and swish it around again. The lugol's helped heal the zoa's and kill the nudi's

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: