inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Was wondering if it is normal for a fairy wrasse to disappear for a 1.5 days?
I did upset the tank by removing some rocks to catch a blenny, I know it is not trapped since I did see it after I set the rocks in place again.

Any ideas? This wrasse doesn't bury it self?:arg:

Attachments

• Fairywrasse.JPG
    Fairywrasse.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 135
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
just make sure it didnt just out of the tank ,it may be still hiding ,but you never know they are jumpers

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I was actually just reading an article about Wrasses in Marine Fish magazine. They can, according to the article, hide for long periods of time if stressed out. Moving rocks might have done it. And they are big jumpers when under duress. :bigeyes2:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
inline6 said:
No dried up wrasse yet. Must be in there somewhere.
Checked all around the tank.
give a day or 2 ,if you dont see him around your tank then that is a good sign ,like Chief said it could be hiding as well in the sand ,wait till he gets hungry he'll come out

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
hmm, well if your positive it didnt jumo out, which i guess can be confirmed by checking the souroundings, which ill assume you did,
it looks like timm will be the factor.
just wait a few day. then feed, as it should naturally be hungry,
i just wait it out,

yeh i hate being patient,,

but guess what thi is my 600th post!!!!!

good luck

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Congrats Joe. Six my sixline hides all the time after I mess around in the tank. He came out today for the first time since I messed with some corals on thursday. Give him some time and turn off the lights for a little bit and he'll come out to play again.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Keeping my fingers crossed, hate to loose my only fish.
I guess it's a waiting game w/this one.
Thanks for all the info.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: