PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
im switching my tank and while im doing this im changing my sand. right now my sand is to fine and it flies around everywhere whenever i touch it.. i'm looking for a better sand that is a very nice white color, but not to fine, so it wont fly around. any suggestions?

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you're not planning on putting livestock in there for a week, you can try any sand, but if you're putting live stock in the tank soon, use carib sea live sand, dry sand would cause merkyness for about a week, I learned that the hard way.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
nice on the upgrade. How big are you going with the next tank?

I use the aragonite reef floor sand. It's white and the grain size is a bit larger than the fine-grade. Your pumps won't stir it around a lot. You can kind of see it on my build thread but the pictures aren't really close enough.

If you're ever on ReefCentral, SunnyX has a lot of pictures and swears by the stuff.

rickb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a couple of bags of oolitic white sand, but I'm torn between that and the reef floor. Is there anywhere that carries it locally?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: