linkia2.jpg

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
for a sec I thought it was some kind of monti

I was about to start begging!;)

very nice pics!

one question though and please dont take any offense, are you having trouble with the white balance because most of the pics your corals look brownish? what camera do you use?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the camera is a cannon sd500. it's a small point and shoot.

for some reason it has trouble capturing the colors of coral.
I have tried the different white balances, I found the "sun" setting works best.
It depends on how far the coral is from the front of the tank, the ones further away tend to get a washed out look. I'm hoping someday CTX will come over with his nikon dslr and I can get some decent shots. otherwise I could photoshop them to what I think they should look like, but I don't really want to do that.

fas917

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Kool, I can come over if you want, I am into photography as well and putting together my list for underwater photography. I would be happy to shoot some close up coral pictures. Let me know... I use canon dslr, and canon big lenses :)

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Love the linkia starfish. I need to get one when my tank is up and running.. On a point and shoot camera most of the time its very hard to capture the color and tweak the white balance.

But those are pretty clear shot, nonetheless.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
fas917 said:
Kool, I can come over if you want, I am into photography as well and putting together my list for underwater photography. I would be happy to shoot some close up coral pictures. Let me know... I use canon dslr, and canon big lenses :)

cool, I'll pm you to set up a time :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: