• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Killarsox

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
Hey I was going to get a JBJ Auto Top off for my Solana. I was just wondering if these Reefkeeper, or other controllers have sensors for Auto Top off. Just figured i'd check before I bought the JBJ ATO.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The Reefkeeper has a module that will allow you to add switches to control ATO through the controller.

You can also go the cheap route with a float switch, and an extension cord. (For those that will flame me for not saying this "make sure you use a relay"...)

DrGonzo

Jack of All Trades
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The JBJ ATO has two advantages over a DIY.

1. It's a turn key. Everything is wired and ready to be setup
2. It has a built in timer! So if a float sticks, it will run for a predetermined max time and cut off. This can avoide spills on the floor or even worse crashing your tank due to lack of salinity.

Using a controller would be nice if you top off w/ kalkwasser. You can time your top offs according to your pH swings (something I've only read about and have not attempted).

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The JBJ ATO has two advantages over a DIY.

1. It's a turn key. Everything is wired and ready to be setup
2. It has a built in timer! So if a float sticks, it will run for a predetermined max time and cut off. This can avoide spills on the floor or even worse crashing your tank due to lack of salinity.

Using a controller would be nice if you top off w/ kalkwasser. You can time your top offs according to your pH swings (something I've only read about and have not attempted).

All very true.

I'm getting ready to set up my RKL to configure my ATO. I'll have it set to top off with kalk when the pH is low, and fresh water when it gets high. Hopefully I can keep the pH in a very tight range with this setup.

90reefernyc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have the profilux and it has the level sensors built in, you can connect at least three of them that I know of.
You can do auto top off and auto water changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: