Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
What kind of fish do you have?I don't know which of the above is more nutritious but what i do know is your fish need a wide variaty of foods because your fish as well as humans can not get all the necessery vitamins ,fiber and minerals from one food source.

Vir

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
What kind of fish do you have?I don't know which of the above is more nutritious but what i do know is your fish need a wide variaty of foods because your fish as well as humans can not get all the necessery vitamins ,fiber and minerals from one food source.

he got 55gal

1yellow tang
1clown
1wrasse

few snails and hermit crabs

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
A mix of food is always the best - as mentioned fish also need viatmins and minerals.

I'd suggest Ocean Nurtition Pellets - Forumla Two - daily Nori strips (mostly for the Tangs health) and then alternate with Mysis and cyclopeeze( a tiny pinch of this).

When using mysis - you really do want to thaw it and rinse it first to reduce the amount of crud you're putting in your tank. I rinse it a few times and squeeze the yucky water out of it.

I buy my mysis in 2 pound blocks and slice it into 1/4" thick 'sheets' and freeze it. I break off a small piece when I want to feed it and thaw/rinse/feed. It lasts me about 6 months per block, and it usually has a bunch of silverslides frozen into it - so I feed parts of those too to my fish and anenomes :)

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
cyclopeze is way too small for most fish, usually for corals, baby fish and filterfeeders. they will try to go after it but its not enough to fill them up and stay alive. Mysis with a mix of GOOD flake food such as aquadine with a little extra green in it for the tang. get some dried seaweed sheets and dont give letuce. most people make that mistake and give their tank nitrates because thats basically what fertilizer is so if you give lettuce get organic

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never stick on one food, try to have at least 3-4 types of food available, change one a day, every kind provides different nutrients.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
cyclopezee also comes in flakes, this makes it a bit more of a substantial meal or snack.

I feed a combo of many things during the day, in small quantities. cyclopeze frozen or flake, nori,mysis, ocean nutrition formula two flakes. rods food- herb,fish,plankton.
I'll feed a bit of this and a bit of that. also spirulina.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: