kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
so what do you use?

right now im feeding my fish with nutrafin pellets but i also want to feed my corals. let me know what you use/suggest and if you can provide me a link as to where to buy it would be great

thanks!

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
cyclopeze - frozen and flake LFS/foster and smith
ocean nutrition formula two -- LFS
Rods food -- coral/herbivore/fish/plankton Ocean gallery
piscine mysis -- Ocean gallery
Golden pearls and spirulina flake -- brineshrimpdirect.com
reef nutrition -- pods/fuzzy/oyster Ocean gallery

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral-you don't really have to feed your corals, keep good lighting on them and check your water perm frequent is good enough, but if you want to make them grow faster, feed them!
Fish- feed as many types of food as possible, I would personally avoid any live food, with fish food, you really get what you paid for.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
My corals always look their best the day they get their mixture of Rotifier Feast, Oyster Feast, Phytoplankton, and Tobikko eggs.:) I get the rf, of, and phyto from Tropical Aquariums (a vendor here on MR), the tobikko eggs I get from one of my supermarkets that sells sushi.;)
My fish, and bigger eating fleshy corals get Mysis shrimp, rod's food, formula 1 or 2 cube, angel frozen cube, cyclopeeze or cyclops, prime cube, on occasions they get pellets. Most of the above I get from Pet's Warehouse. Also sheets of nori from the same place I get the Tobikko eggs.
My eels & anemonies get silversides & frozen fresh prawns purchased at Pet's warehouse.

aquascaper82

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 82.4%
14   3   0
Coral-you don't really have to feed your corals, keep good lighting on them and check your water perm frequent is good enough, but if you want to make them grow faster, feed them!
Fish- feed as many types of food as possible, I would personally avoid any live food, with fish food, you really get what you paid for.

what do you mean by live food with fish food? don't feed both to the fish?? we use frozen mysis shrimp and also pellets... is that bad?

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen food and pellet are great for your fish. "LIVE" food may contain bacteria that may disturb the well being in your tank if not taken care of properly, and trust me, LFS do not take good care of "any" LIVE food.

what do you mean by live food with fish food? don't feed both to the fish?? we use frozen mysis shrimp and also pellets... is that bad?

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Kidninja, I have some cyclopeeze freeze dried if you want to try some.

I feed it to my tank and everything goes crazy. It's very small particles so corals uptake whatever they can.

awesome i would love to try this out before i actually buy some, i'll PM you for more info etc

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0

When you say coral, are you including LPS with a mouth big enough to swallow a whole fish?

I don't see a good reason for any coral to have a mouth if it's not used for eating... What we can feed them as a home hobbyist is more of an issue.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0

Fish- feed as many types of food as possible, I would personally avoid any live food,with fish food, you really get what you paid for.

it's the punctuation.....lol. he meant "....avoid any live food. With fish food, you really get what you paid for."

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say coral, are you including LPS with a mouth big enough to swallow a whole fish?

I don't see a good reason for any coral to have a mouth if it's not used for eating... What we can feed them as a home hobbyist is more of an issue.

REPEAT!!!!, you don't have to feed them, but if you want them to grow faster, feed them!, which part don't you understand?

all most all coral can stay alive and thrive on photosynthesis, when you have 1 or 2 pcs of corals in your reef tank, you can feed them as much as you want, but when your tank is packed to the bones, sometimes is better not to feed, the fluctuation of your water perm. from the waste created can do more harm to your corals than not feeding. Thats just my opinion. Like it or not, I can careless.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: