Elflaco112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I just upgraded from a 75Gal tank w/ Corals and Fishes to a 150Gal tank. I transfered mostly everything already the LR the LS. the sump is up and running. I have the fishes and the corals still out of the Main tank. My question is How soon can I add the Fishes and the Corals. My parameters are all good. PH 8.2, Ammonia 00, nitrate 00, nitrite 00, Salinity is at 28(1.021). haven't tested the rest yet but everything is looking good. Should I add the fishes in Now or wait , I've been told that it goes thru a mini cycle. Anyone any advice?

Elflaco112

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
The big question is when did you do the upgrade (time-wise)?
Did you add any new sand, if so, how much?

How long had the 1st tank been running?

Yesterday, the sand is the same except for 20lbs more of LS. The LR are still the same ones about 120lbs I know I need to add some more, I will soon, and the water is about 65 gals of the other tank.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just upgraded from a 75Gal tank w/ Corals and Fishes to a 150Gal tank. I transfered mostly everything already the LR the LS. the sump is up and running. I have the fishes and the corals still out of the Main tank. My question is How soon can I add the Fishes and the Corals. My parameters are all good. PH 8.2, Ammonia 00, nitrate 00, nitrite 00, Salinity is at 28(1.021). haven't tested the rest yet but everything is looking good. Should I add the fishes in Now or wait , I've been told that it goes thru a mini cycle. Anyone any advice?

So, basically, you didn't ad much at all in the way of new LR or sand? You just transferred most all the LR and the LS? You should be fine to put critters in as soon as the dust settles, basically, so long as you're not getting an ammonia spike from sand-critters which might have been killed off. I'd wait 24-48 hours to be safe, but anything beyond that isn't really necessary. You already transferred all of the filtration capacity which was already dealing with your current fishload to the new tank. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: