Rating - 100%
6   0   0
does anyone know how to get rid of these colony if you are not sure what it is you can look them up here they sort of look like feather dusters but they are more fuzzy. from what i have been reading they are harmful and will sting whatever comes there way.

If you dont know what it is i recommend you looking at the link to make sure you dont have it either i will try to post a pic of my own but they are so small My Salty Obsession, Hitchhikers on your live rock

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have nightmares about Hydroids.

I found muriatic acid worked, but it also kills everything...

These are the ones I HAD:
IMG_1615.jpg

Discussions of panacur (dog dewormer) working, but it is not a proven yet.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
If the rock is small enough I would remove it from the tank and let it dry out. I always keep extra base rock just incase of problems. Replace it with new base rock and it will become live rock again very fast. I don't like to add chemicals to tanks.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
A file may not work. I have seen these things live through almost everything. They burro deep into the rock. I had rock sitting fowl for months in a bucket outside. These buggers were still there.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Debatable. Some people only see a wave of them, & then they are gone for ever. For others they will come and go. For some they will always be present, but not too noticeable. Then their are the cases where they take over. They have a strong sting that will hurt/kill many corals.

When I first got them, I was researching them like mad. Unfortunately I didn't find a viable cure.

Like I said, you may be fine. I didn't want to become a statistic...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Debatable. Some people only see a wave of them, & then they are gone for ever. For others they will come and go. For some they will always be present, but not too noticeable. Then their are the cases where they take over. They have a strong sting that will hurt/kill many corals.

When I first got them, I was researching them like mad. Unfortunately I didn't find a viable cure.

Like I said, you may be fine. I didn't want to become a statistic...

lol u could be right alot of reefers may have these pests without even knowing it i searched for these guys in the mr search option and nothin came up so maybe i thought it was something that is not that common thanks again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: