motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Ok so now that I got you attention,lol

I have a question abt hot the drain tubes should be situated...I have a 125 starfire, I'm converting the one down one return per side to all downand ill return over the top..
So what my question is is how do I situate the drains I'm gonna have one hightr than the other slightly but do I build them like upsidown L or just the strait tube open...

I have great ideas!.... Just bad timing!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
yes 4 returns.. i got the idea from the dorso system, but this thank is drillled on the bottom like a traditional system but everything i see on the durso is drilled in the back... what do you think i should do? and both downlegs will not be maxed just the one, and the other will be slightly higher for excess flow. but not sure how to have the openings on the end of the pipes.. theyre 1" pve.. should i just have them straight up and like 1/2 in difference in height or have them like an upsidown L with the inputs on th side. .. or an upsode down J with an air line at the peak of the curve... i want the quietest solution b4 i put it together lol

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Both should be open on top with some kind of mesh to block snails and such.

The lower one needs a ball valve. Tune the water so that the lower drain is fully submerged. The system should be quiet as there is no air being sucked down.

The second, higher one, is an emergency/back-up. The bottom of it should be above the water line in the sump. This way if the main drain clogs, the back-up will pick up the slack. Having the exit elevated, the extra noise from the sump will alert you to check the main drain.

If all things stay the same, you shouldn't have to tune the ball valve on the main drain too often.

I wish I did the same on my tank :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: