TINAMARIOV

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
hi, i have the red sea max 34 gallon. a couple days ago when my lights turned off on the timer they never turned back on. its been 3 days and have tried to get lights back on and nothing. the lights are only a few months old. will my corals all die? how long is it safe to go without lights. i plan to order new lights today or tomorrow.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
3 days is borderline but the longer you go the harder it is, perhaps someone local has a spare light for you to borrow? Even a small PC fixture will do. Also when you do get the lights back start with a few hours per day to get everyone used to the lights again, most corals will need to be re-acclimated.

Good Luck

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'd go with QY here, 3 days is definitely stretching it. Also check your ballast and bulbs. This happened to me recently and I bought bulbs thinking it were the problem but turned out that my ballast got fried; now I'm waiting for my ballast to come in this friday (guess at least I've got spare bulbs). Good luck and hope you find temporary lighting soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: