Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well I didn't think I would need to worry about this just yet (its winter). But my 58 gal tank with hood and only the PC lighting on, return pump and Skimmer pump (both Mag 9.5) and two Sieo 820 is running at 80 degrees. I still need to have another power head on to pump waster to my refug (which is off right now).

Can anyone make some recommendations as to size, brand, model... how about feed... should it feed off my rerurn pump? Maybe split the return to the chiller and back to the tank? or back to the sump?

Should I just use another pump? I think this will raise the temp even more. I should have enough from the return pump to suppy tank return and chiller.

What do you all think?

Thanks

Rich

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I thought for PC light tank, you can get away with just nice fan. Anyway, if you need a chiller, it's pretty expensive. This is the cheapest I can find but it's for smaller tank. It says 10 degree on 20 G and 5 degree on 55G.

Titan 150

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you swap out the mag and add a fan on your sump and/or across your lights you should be fine. but in the summer if you dont have A/C you'll need one. probably a 1/5 or 1/4 then.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Fans will only bring it down to your room temp; moreover in hot humid day, it will get worse. You need to run AC to use Fan.

If you want quite chiller, I recommand JBJ chiller. That's what I am going to get for next summer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: