ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
For those of you that have used this product did you keep your skimmer off for a few hours?

Instructions don't say to do so but just curious. I know MB7 recommends that you keep the skimmer off...

Also post your experience with this product if you have used it to combat cyano...

I have some cyano here and there very small patches the size of a thumbnail nothing major and just want to add some additional beneficial bacteria.

I know the product is not designed to combat cyano but other users have experienced a reduction combined with water changes after the bacterial additive.

Additionally have you also kept up with your regular water changes or waited until the dosing regiment has been completed? You would lose some of the beneficial bacteria with a w/c. In my case it will be one month.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Mike NY and NYreefNoob thanks for your input

I just put in 100ml based on my system volume per the recommended doseage

This stuff stinks ! Smells just like my skimmate

Was accused of cutting one

I'll post with my observations

I'm convinced mb7 and reef biofuel have caused cyano and diatoms

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i have been using it now for a month.after i used myacin to rid my awful outbreak.after 2 weeks i noticed some more on my sandbed.i started using this with skimmer on and poof in 2 weeks it was gone.it does stink the first time u use it then the next time it will be clear with no smell.u will need to shake it up to remove the bacteria from the sides of bottle.1 month later i have no cyano anywhere.tank looks wonderful.although i am noticing alot more algae growth on my glass.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: