jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Somebody please help me. I set up a 55 gallon tank very late in December and have yet to decide on aquascaping. I am constantly changing it, I can't keep my hands out of the tank. I need to come up with a design so I can stop hurting my coral and affecting my tank levels. I have 18 pounds, 6 pieces, of premium fiji rock. It is full of holes, has nice color, and is very light. However, I have about 50 pounds of live rock that is small and very solid and heavy. I want something that immediately pops when you see it. Thanks.

Justin

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
once a corals starts to grow you end up never looking at the aquascape in my option. I seen fulll sps tanks that take your eyes of the aquascape,just get it close to were you want it and let nature do its job
just leave your hands out and it will look good in a year or two.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I completely agree with jarrett. after everything is covered in coraline and corals grow out the scape isnt really noticed. obviously rock shapes have a big control over what you can do with a scape.

find something decent that you like and leave it. try to get someone to come help you.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The downside to a 55g tank is how to aquascape it..the short depth (front to rear) on the tank makes it very difficult.

You might try looking through some of the tank threads and see if anyone has scaped a 55 that you like, and follow their pattern.

Post a pic and maybe some folks can make some suggestions :)

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I like it bc no rock is touching the glass,and you can see the back of my tank now. I am going to put up a black background. I want to mount the rocks on pvc and then glue them together so it doesn't collapse. Albano, I like the idea of a centerpiece. Bc as of now the tank looks much emptier due to the design. But there is more swimming room, the flow reaches everything better, and it looks cleaner. Kathy, I know, that is why I wish I could upgrade to a 7 or 90 lol. Thanks everyone.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
The downside to a 55g tank is how to aquascape it..the short depth (front to rear) on the tank makes it very difficult.

You might try looking through some of the tank threads and see if anyone has scaped a 55 that you like, and follow their pattern.

Post a pic and maybe some folks can make some suggestions :)
+1 A 55gal. tank is the worse tank you can ever use for a reef/folr IMO.
Too narrow/high! :dog2: :arg:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Somebody please help me. I set up a 55 gallon tank very late in December and have yet to decide on aquascaping. I am constantly changing it, I can't keep my hands out of the tank. I need to come up with a design so I can stop hurting my coral and affecting my tank levels. I have 18 pounds, 6 pieces, of premium fiji rock. It is full of holes, has nice color, and is very light. However, I have about 50 pounds of live rock that is small and very solid and heavy. I want something that immediately pops when you see it. Thanks.

Justin
Check with (NIGHTCRAWLER) he might be able to make you a costom piece or pieces.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: