bayondai

Rating - 100%
117   0   0
What kind of oil can I buy locally for my calcium reactor's bubble counter. I know marine depot has something called bubble counter liquid, but I would rather just pick it up locally.
Thanks,
Mike

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Mineral Oil - don't use RO water as that can calcify on the needle allowing the Co2 through. Eventually, you may need to loosen the calcification or even buy a new regulator.

House

Can you explain this a little more? Maybe we have 2 different reactors here but the needle valve that controls my CO2 bubble rate would never get wet as long as there was gas in the line but there is also a check valve for added security. In the bubble counter it's all 1/4" airline tubing and in the event it calcified it would stop to flow of CO2 not increase it. I also just re-read both manuals (MRC and PM) and both say use RO or fresh water to fill the bubble counter.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
You can use glycerin, you will find it readily available in any pharmacy or supermarket, Its inert and widely used. small bottle will cost about $2.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: