OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I have a few shells, but what happens is the Nassarius Snails and Sandsifting Starfish and Orange Spotted Diamond Goby cover them up with sand and they eventually get burried. You can if you want but it will eventually get burried aswell.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i love shells, i added this one about 2 months ago along with a smaller version of it. one of my hermits decided to move into the small one. heres the lrg shell two months after

Attachments

• shell.jpg
    shell.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 75
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i boiled mine for around 5 minutes 3 or 4 times... alot of dirt and possibly a film came out and kept making the water dirty. im not sure where you got the shells but sometimes they put a protectant on the shell and i was told to make sure it comes off.

Lunareclipse

Fishes are cuddly
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i boiled mine for around 5 minutes 3 or 4 times... alot of dirt and possibly a film came out and kept making the water dirty. im not sure where you got the shells but sometimes they put a protectant on the shell and i was told to make sure it comes off.
My grandfather lived in Florida and he sent me them to put in my tank. He got them right off the beach.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I would boil them, and make sure you clean out the inside, just by forcing water into it, as dirt/nastyness gets stuck/built up inside sometimes.......there will be no film/covering on them as they are from a beach, not a store

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I don't keep shells in my reef anymore because they trap alot of crap.My fish only on the other hand ,i have a lot because my wrasses constantly stirrup the sand bed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: