rpc07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
No matter what i do i can not get my water crystal clear it has a white milky tint to it almost like it does when the tank first cycles and has a bacteria bloom.I see all these pics of people tanks and the water is so clear you cant even tall theres water in the tank thats what i want, Here is some info

55g
15g sump/fuge
70lbs live rock
amm 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
cal 440
phosphate undetectable

Tank has been running about 3 months, The water was clear a few weeks ago but the quickly developed this tint again all the fish and corals are acting normal i even removed the filter sock from the sump in hope that would clear it up i change them out every 3-4 days.

rpc07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Did you try a micron sock?

Yes

Floss seems to work best for me. Or a Diatom Filter will make your water dissapear.
Are you running Carbon?

No

are u usinf chaeto or caulpera in your fuge

Cheato

if you want instant clear, borrow a ozonier and run it for like 2 hours (250mg) and it will crystal clear

not to sure what this is or where to borrow one from

same thing happenned to me wait 4 more weeks i bet you it will clear

Deff hoping it doesnt take that long

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Try Running carbon in a reactor. Combined with good Mechical media. you should b fine in a few days. But fcamargo6thave is right also. It took about 4 months for any of my tanks to be Really Crystal Clear
Remember there is alot going on in there. You really have not had that much time to build up "good" bacteria levels.
But if you can get your hands on a diatom filter. your tank water will be invisible in 1-2 hours =)

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Be patient and leave the tank alone.It will clear up in time you may do more harm than good if you don't understand the quick fix advice that are given to you.If the water clear up too quickly your coral can bleach out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: