Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I want to get a UPS or two for my system, or at least the circulation pumps and maybe the Flourecent lighting.

I was wondering if anyone has a UPS and if so what size, and if you can tell me how long they supply power for your setup/devices used.

Thanks

Rich

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I use a 1000 watt UPS on my 120 gallon main pump! This is able to run the Mag700 I have circulating from my sump for about 4 hours. I also have another attached to a maxijet pump in my 30 gallon.

Additionally I have three backup 1000 watt UPS lying around the house and have battery powered air pumps on call also. A tunze 6060 on a 1000 watt UPS can last for quite a long time.

After the last blackout, my losses were terrible and I vowed to never have that happen again.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This is what I have been considering.

http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=2666

I don't want something thats going to last three or four hours... I want something thats gonna give me ten or twelve hours. It may be overkill, but I want to be sure...

I also plan on getting a 6000-7000w generator for the entire house. My father installed a Porter Cable (I think thats the name)... It will run his fridge, heating system and lighting... I would want the tank, fridge and lights... to hell with the heat.. I have my wife.

SU3000XL%2Ejpg

Rich

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
If I remember correctly approx. $200, but I am not sure. I have never tested it on a tunze since I only just got myself some tunzes. But I did test it on a maxijet 600. It lasted for at least 6 hrs.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Nice,

I picked up a 5000w coleman generator for the house (tank) and would love something like this to run my tunze (6060) - what's the price on this

Shaun, how much was a 1000w and how long would it run a 15w tunze?

House

House,

The Tripp Lite shown is running from $950.00-$1200.00 (for the same model).

Rich

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Rich, thanks, can't swing that right now, but wouldn't mind something a little more manageable since I have the generator that will provide a full 15A when running. I just want to have a little something for like 2-6 hours in case I am at work or somehting and can't get home to fire up the generator.

I am going to start a new thread to see what else is out there.

House

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I use a Tripplite inverter\charger and two deep cycle marine batteries to run my return\skimmer pump if the power goes out and no one is home to fire up the 4,500W generator :).

The two batteries will run my large Sequence pump for about 5-6 hours, I can extent that run time by adding more batteries.

Here is the link to the unit: http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=tripplite+inverter+charger&pid=4838477716350294118&oid=7338921368875815336&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=&addr=&scoring=p&hl=en

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: