tbaquatics

Vendor
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was stupid and didn't quarantine my new bellus. Now my display tank has ich. I knew better and was an idiot.

Always quarantine. Otherwise you are playing russian roulette.

Now I need to setup a quarantine, try to catch the fish or hope they can battle through it with the help of good feedings, cleaner shrimp and selcon/garlic additions to their food.

What a pain....

I am an idiot, I am an idiot, I am an idiot.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
dont be so hard on your self. Try this. it works for me. raise the temp in your tank and feed with lots of garlic in the food. if you have a uv light it will help alot as well...

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
With some exceptions, you tend to get lax as you get more experienced. I used to drip acclimate everything I got, QT it, etc. I almost never drip anymore, and generally don't QT coral.

I should probably try to step back and get better about these things myself.

Good luck with the fight.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
More important than QTing is buying healthy parasite free fish. While ich can be curable and relatively harm free, it can also devastate a tank very quickly even if you think you got it all during QT. For the most part fish that have ich are usually very stressed (usually the main reason they have ich in the first place) or more susceptible to getting it again alot sooner than other fish in your tank.

Also, QTing needs to be done properly and most times people that QT stress the fish out more than the parasite does. 10g of water is harder to keep stable than a full 50+g system sometimes.

So, make sure your buying healthy fish for your tank. Just because something comes in that is rare that might have "some ich" and you can cure it quick by QTing is not always the case.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: