Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Welcome to The Official 2010 Spring Frag Swap Raffle Thread!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT'S RAFFLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doubletickets1-1.jpg

Here you will not only find the rules of the Raffle (they appear down there at the bottom of this post) but it is also the OFFICIAL listing of the great stuff we have begged, borrowed and swiped from our favorite Vendors, Sponsors, Lfs's, members, friends and yes, even strangers!!

We do ask that you take note of the wonderful folks who have donated to the Raffle - their names are highlighted in black (how festive..lol) in front of the prizes they have donated, and we ask that whenever possible please ask them if they can supply you with what you need for your reef!

If you've been a member here for awhile, you already know that we like to add a prize or two or 5 of the wonderful donations that we have gathered each day...so let's get started...in no particular order...

Acan Lighting - 24 " LED Fixture !!!
http://www.acanlighting.com/index.p...category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27
Fixture size updated 4/16 to a 24" fixture!! This light has a retail value of $700 which can be used as a credit toward a larger sized fixture - wow! :)

SaltWater Critters - Reefkeeper Lite (also donating Acan for frag demo & a super duper coral for the Auction!)

Reefs Creation - 40 head Aussie Favia

Solace Aquatics -Sunlight Supply Lumen Max Elite Mogul Base reflector

Wet Thumb Frags - 2 $50.00 Gift Certificates (also donating 3 Super Duper Frags for the Auction/Raffle)

Air Water & Ice - Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit

ESV - 3- 50gallon Packages of Salt mix 8 sets of 64 oz. B-I onic, 6 canisters of 4lb. ESV Carbon
plus all of salt used for the event!!! Thank you ESV!!!

From Tank Cover Building Demo -120g AGA Mesh Tank cover

The Filter Guys - Magnetic Rock Frag Rack (say that 3 times fast...lol)

Drs Foster & Smith - 2 $25.00 Gift Certificates

Sunlight Supply - Blue Wave Dual 250W Ballast

Ice Cap - 2 - Blue 3 ft. Moon Light Strips

Aquatic Express - 4 - $25.00 Gift Certificates AND 2 $50.00 Gift Certificates (also donating a Super Duper Coral for the Auction)

Diamonds of the Reef - Mag Drive 9.5 Pump and a 5 Pack of Hakari Frozen Mysis 16 oz sheets AND a Pair of Flame Wrasses! (auction/raffle item)

TB Aquatics - Hanna Phosphate Photometer http://www.tbaquatics.com/shop/hanna...meter-742.html (will ship to winner)

Aqua Pro Builder (Wingo!) - 10" LED light bar w/power supply

Microbelift - 12 8.5 oz bottle Special Blend - 12 bottles Herbtana

D-D The Aquarium Solution (Deltec UK) - arranged via Simon Garratt these are brand new product releases. The winners will be the first in the USA with either of these:
Nanoscope
http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/d-d-nanoscope
A true Seawater calibrated Refractometer
http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/s...-refractometer

Gotham Aquatics - 2 150 gallon buckets of Coralife Salt

Marco Rocks - 2 show-piece amarco rocks and a bunch o'rubble

Crazy Mad Corals - 2 - $50.00 Gift Certificates AND an Icecap Blue LED Array Retro 21.6" http://premiumaquatics.com/store/me...duct_Code=ICE-RLEDB24&Category_Code=IcecapLED

Marineland/United Pet Group - Gel foods, putty, carbon, water treatments (<--we will be making gift baskets of these items)..and 1 Marineland Skimmer http://www.marineland.com/sites/Marineland/products/productdetail.aspx?id=2054&cid=3595&mid=3226
AND - 2 Instant Oceans Reef Master Test Kits *** this item added on 4/12

That Pet Place -28g JBJ-CF NanoCube !!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/245256/product.web

Anonymous Donor - FAO Schwartz Reef Plush Toy w/hiding space (you will understand when you see it!) :)

Premium Aquatics - a selection of items we will add to swap goody bags

Are you sitting down? Read the next donation carefully - there is more than 1 item listed there ;)

Eco Tech - EcoSmart MP10wES Vortech Pump AND an MP40 ES Upgrade kit - WOW!!!!

Bulk Reef Supply - 5-stage Ro/Di System - AND 1 Deluxe BRS Reactor - AND 1/2gal GFO

Seachem - box o' chemicals

Manhattan Aquariums - Warpaint Scoly - wow, I'm sure it will be beautiful!!

Custom King - a custom built frag tank measuring 18" x 18" X 8 1/2" with overflow & euro-bracing. I'd bet we could all use one of these on Sunday! :)

We hope we have something on our list that you'd like to win - Best of luck to you!!

See you on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year we posted some of the SUPER DUPER FABULOUS CORAL DONATIONS WE HAVE RECEIVED FROM OUR VERY OWN VENDORS in this area. We've decided not to do that this year. Those SUPER DUPER FABULOUS CORAL DONATIONS will be appearing on a separate thread as the items we will have in this years AUCTION !!!!! Please watch for that thread - coming soon (not tonight...) and we will have pics!!! :SPIN:

The Rules and other Questions/Answers... (some new stuff in here - so please read 'em again!)
FAQ's
Where do I purchase the Raffle tickets?
In a couple of different places... at the MR Registration Table (where you first come to when you get to the Swap) will be one location where you can buy the Raffle Tickets. They will be available for sale until a few minutes prior to the start of the drawing. ***New this year --we will have a staffed table set up right near the Raffle Tables - look for the TICKETS sign ! We will also have folks selling Raffle tickets circulating around the room at various times during the day.

How much will do they cost ?
The tickets will be available in $1 and $3 denominations (do note that we have held the ticket pricing reduction to $3 for the higher end items once again for this Raffle!). The price of the Raffle Ticket will be determined by the value of the prize.

How do I choose the prize I want?
Go look at the tables loaded with Raffle prizes ..directly in front of that table will be another table loaded with white ‘Buckets’. The top of each bucket will have the name of the prize and a ‘slot’ to drop your lucky raffle ticket into.
Pick the prize or prizes that you want to win and drop at least one raffle ticket into that bucket - (be sure you put in the correct $ amount ticket! )The Prizes will require either a $1 or $3 ticket for entry.
Be SURE to KEEP the portion of the ticket that says “KEEP THIS TICKET”.
You can drop in as many tickets as you want into the individual buckets to increase your chances of winning that item!

Do I have to be at the Raffle to win?
Yes (and maybe no...) At a past swap we attempted to make it so you didn't need to be still be there during theraffle to win, but that had it's own challanges (like where to store all of the Raffle prizes whose winners had already left & how to get them to the winners) due to that we decided that you MUST be at the swap in order to win.
If a winning ticket holder is not in attendance, we will chose another ticket. Hint, hint..if you have to leave before the drawing..give 'em to your best buddy who will still be there during the Raffle...hmmmm...great idea...and do write your name on them so your buddy knows they are YOUR tickets ;)!!

What Time is the Raffle being held?
The Raffle will begin at 4:00 PM and should last about 45 minutes.

How do I get my winning prize?
If you hold the winning ticket for an item, you will present the ticket to a Raffle Volunteer at the front of the room at the Raffle Table (we will identify them for you at the start of the Raffle). You will then be given the cover of the bucket..with the name of the prize you have won. Take the cover to one of the Raffle Volunteers at the Prize table, hand in your cover and you’ll be given your Prize! This year we ask that you give the Volunteer your screen name when you come to pick up the cover of the bucket..we’d like to keep track of who wins these great prizes!

Will I be able to hear the winning number so I know if I win?
Sure hope so! Most everyone is quiet enough because they want to hear their own ticket number being called! To help that along we will once again set up a screen and display the winning ticket numbers as they are drawn. If you hold a winning ticket - step right up to the front of the room and present your ticket. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE RAFFLE TO COME UP TO THE WINNERS TABLE! If nobody claims a prize within a reasonable time (to be determined by us) - we WILL chose a different winner.

We have no way to know if we have a winner if you silently hold your ticket - so please do speak up!

Anything else I need to know?
This is where the small print comes in…
Probably not, but if we need to make up more rules as the event unfolds and questions come up, we reserve the right to make those decisions on the spot.
IF you happen to drop a BLUE ticket into a bucket that requires a RED ticket (you get the idea)...please contact a member of the Raffle Staff Immediately and we will retrieve your ticket for you IF you can show us the other half of the ticket. Once the Raffle
begins we will NOT retrieve any misplaced tickets!

Any tickets that are of the incorrect color for the prize being drawn will NOT be honored and a ticket of the correct color will be chosen as the winning ticket.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I want the Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit! I want the Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit! I want the Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit! I want the Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit! I want the Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit!

:)

Hey Tickle..shouldn't that say ..I NEED the Typhoon III Extreme Ro/Di Unit?...and so on....I've read your posts ya know...lol

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Oh boy...you really, really want to take another look at what is on the Raffle thread...we are getting close to out-doing ourselves on the last swap raffle...:biggrin:

I so love it when a plan comes together !! :spin:

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow, this raffle is amazing. I had a terrible day, just got home, looked at the raffle list and smiled : D The items are amazing, it is evident that a lot of hard work and generosity made this possible.
Kathy: When a plan materializes, it is amazing : D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: