jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
My girlfriend bought a beautiful crocea clam from a LFS out in long island.. To make a long story short--The clam has a bunch of small bleached spots on the mantle when she bought it.. According to her she thought it was part of the clam-lol.. Now i have had it in my tank for 2-3 weeks.. Doesnt seem to be getting better nor worse.. Is it suppose to heal in time? and if so how long before it heals? i curently have in on the sand bed, it came attached to a rock. Should i put it higher up? or leave it where it is? It opens and closes just fine when see shadows -it opens fine.. just bleached.. :(
My tank is 28 jbj LED
PArameters
PH 8.2
Nitrate-0
Calcium-360
Alk-7

Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Its funny that my iphone takes somewhat better pics than my camera -lol:
photo090.jpg

photo8887877.jpg

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
is having my calcium 380, alk 7 bad? I have monitored the levels since i put clam in and it hasnt gone down. does that mean he is not consuming much? im a little confused. I have never really dosed tank with anything. Just do water changes and my levels are constant. I have the 2 part esv but never used it

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: