a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Anybody know of a efficient way of getting rid of zoa eating nudibranch? i noticed two nudibranch on my tank wall after a shipment of zoas and other corals from a reputable dealer (won't say who) but lets just say after that, its been war against nudibranches!! i did remove those two nudibranches on my wall but it seems they laid eggs or there was more b/c i saw more on my zoos a few weeks later! anyways, half of my 58g is zoas so removing them and dipping will have to be a last resort... i have been thinking about getting a 6line wrass or yellow coris wrass.. anybody else have any recommendations? i am able to remove 2-3 nudibranches once a week after my lights go out with a turkey blaster but it's non-stop! i've probably removed 20+ nudibranches already! any help would be greatly appreciated...

btw, do zoa eating nudibranch also eat large palys like armor of god?

thanks!

photo4a.jpg

photo3nw.jpg

photo2ya.jpg

photo2mh.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I've heard that theyll be the color of the zoas they wer last munching on so thatll give you a clue on which colonies theyre feasting. BUT I do know you now have to search for eggs that they laid on the zoas and get rid of them before they hatch, and those have to be manually removed so the remove them and dip last resort may be where your at. Sorry to hear you got them

a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
great! i hate these damn things... i found one last night was so large when i sucked him up with my turkey blaster he got stuck in the hole and broke into two pieces lol

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I've heard that theyll be the color of the zoas they wer last munching on so thatll give you a clue on which colonies theyre feasting. BUT I do know you now have to search for eggs that they laid on the zoas and get rid of them before they hatch, and those have to be manually removed so the remove them and dip last resort may be where your at. Sorry to hear you got them

this is true! i wrote a tread with the same questions a while ago,i bought a yellow coris wrasse that took care of most of em,a R/O dip definetly works too!!!
Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
your best bet is to separate the zoa colonies you have,make a manual inspection and remove everything you can. you can also do a lugols dip.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I recommend this from experience.

what I did was remove the colony.
dip and shake in a bucket of lugols solution and saltwater. many nudi's will fall off at this stage.check with a magnifying glass and tweezers for any eggs or nudi's. the eggs will be in the shape of a spiral. then do another dip and shake. I did this a few times, and with the help of a yellow coris, mentioned above, i was nudi free.

A tedious process but worth it when you have expensive colonies.

By the way an inspection prior to placing in show tank is always a good idea. Also coral RX dip is a good product for this.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
get a wrasse i had tehn and kept wondering why i couldnt keep zoas lol and now since i have 2 wrasses i can once again christmas wrasse i feel is the best they like live food just my .02

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: