TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i have had a black sea cucumber for a month now i have noticed he had cuts from my rock but looked ok yesterday he was moving and today i found him dead right before i found him dead i did a 20 gal water change then i found him dead and i took him out right away... i have 2 clownfish a clam, brain coral, plate coral, pepperment shrimp, snails, hermit crabs.... what should I DO???? everything looks fine is there anything i can test for???

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
picture taken when he was removed

Attachments

• emo.jpg
    emo.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 150

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i think youll be fine!! are u running a carbon reactor?? if so change out the carbon and let the new carbon run to take out and impurities... it wouldnt hurt to do another 20g water change..
the problem comes in when they are left in and the toxic byproducts are left behind

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i have had a black sea cucumber for a month now i have noticed he had cuts from my rock but looked ok yesterday he was moving and today i found him dead right before i found him dead i did a 20 gal water change then i found him dead and i took him out right away... i have 2 clownfish a clam, brain coral, plate coral, pepperment shrimp, snails, hermit crabs.... what should I DO???? everything looks fine is there anything i can test for???

If everything looks fine you're probably OK, but to be safe you should probably run carbon. If you don't have a reactor, put goodly amount (a full cup or two) in a bag (I use nylon pantyhose) in a high-flow area of your sump.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Consider yourself lucky and don't buy any more.:wink1:

Are you kidding? I love the black sea cukes. Mine's always roving over my tank, hoovering up detritus, diatoms, and even cyano.

However, it's probably a good idea to do something to prevent them from getting sucked into your pumps. Use a pre-filter guard, if possible, on your pump intakes. Also, mine seems to be less likely to roam up the glass if I keep the glass cleaned of even the light scum of diatoms and algae that appears after a day or two.

TRUKINGNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
thx everyone i dont think he got stuck in my power head i saw him up against a rock like trying to go around it but he was pressing up against it bad and iam guessing this was the result... but thx again everything looks good i will cross my fingers

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: