Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Excuse my ignorance although i know their are other people how don't know what it means either. What does WYSIWYG really mean in the hobby?I've seen it used a lot while been a member here.Is this an advertising strategy
like designer names?And how do you know if a coral is WYSIWYG or not? The hobby start to sound like the AKC.

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ocholoco said:
How about GFO??? I hear of people doing it to their tanks but i dont know what it is

Granular Ferric Oxide...phosphate remover. Phosban is a brand name GFO

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Back in the day circa 1980 before windows, word procssing programs had a blue or green background and the type eh fonts were one style and one size. Then to change the size or style of the type you had to put certain codes in front of the type and behind the type. Then you had to print out the document to see the larger font and style. It was a real pain.
The next big invention was add-ons which enabled you to see a preview.
Finally (I think it was MS Word, then came WordPerfect) they came out with their latest program with WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) directly on screen as you type. Yay!

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Back in the day circa 1980 before windows, word procssing programs had a blue or green background and the type eh fonts were one style and one size. Then to change the size or style of the type you had to put certain codes in front of the type and behind the type. Then you had to print out the document to see the larger font and style. It was a real pain.
The next big invention was add-ons which enabled you to see a preview.
Finally (I think it was MS Word, then came WordPerfect) they came out with their latest program with WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) directly on screen as you type. Yay!
Well that's exactly what i thought at first, a computer program but it didn't make any sense in the hobby.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: