BIG L A

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
What you see is what you get, I know I was one of the people who didnt know what it meant and when I was told the meaning they told me it like wow you didnt know what that meant, where you been at... LoL

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
For Sale or For Trade, What You See Is What You Get Two Tank Raised Percula ClownFish Fifteen Dollars Each Or Best Offer. Please Private Message. First Come First Serve, Thanks For Looking!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Feel free to add any other fish/reef related acronym to this list and we will we make a sticky for them.

Would anyone be interested in a pronounciation guide to some of those nice L O N G or confusing words we also use? :)

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I'm not sure if it was this forum or RC, but I'm pretty sure it was MR. I remember A LONG TIME ago maybe like 4 years ago, we had a thread on here like that.

Dean where are you? Dig it up for us :)

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Does the acronym "WYSIWYG" give more value or devalue the item?

Cause the way I see it is. If a person buys something, and it doesn't come out the way he/she expected, then the seller just says, "well that's what it looked like in the picture"

I see WYSIWYG labeled on more rarer/expensive items. Why is this so?

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
It's so consumers know EXACTLY what they are paying for. Sometimes online vendors have a picture of a stock photo of the item of the mother colony. Then when the coral arrives, it may be different color or size.

When it is listed as WYSIWYG, you are getting what you looked at in the picture. Make sure you look for what lighting they are under. Sometimes their argument can be "that's how it look's under my lighting".

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
yeah, so it's tricky stuff to deal with. pictures are most of the time deceiving in my opinion. When I take pictures of my tank, even I'm amazed at how great it looks in a picture.

I'm very skeptical about buying things without looking at them in person.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
The WYSIWYG is suppose to give more buyers confidence in what they're getting. Some people show a picture of the mother colony and give a vague "1 or 2 inch frag" so you don't know how it will look after he frags it. With the WYSIWYG, it gives a better idea of what you will get. The structure should be exactly the same as when you go over and pick it up, color may be off depending on his lighting/photo skills. I usually prefer if that photo has something else such in it as comparison to how accurate the colors are.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: