inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anybody using a unmodified Super Skimmer from Coralife?
Just wondering what people's opinions are of this skimmer.
I've read some favorable reviews already from the other reef sites, just wondering if anybody here uses one.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I want this skimmer for my nano tank as well. CSS 65. But I am not sure if I can fit it on my 12G though. Someone from Nano-reef fits on the nano but I am not sure if it was 24G or 12G, I can't find that thread any more. Wish I can just borrow one from someone before I order one for myself.

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one and been using it for the past 9 months, it does produce dark skimmate, I find that the control valve is very tempermental, and hard to keep consistant. meaning you have it set for wet skimate and it either over produces and fills up the collection cup or under produces and the skimate collects inside the up tube inside the collection cup. I have it on a 55 gal I think the model is 125 I got the needle valve one.
chuck

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks, for the tip, I like to check that out. would you happen to have a link to spykes?

chuck

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just bought CSS 65 from LFS for $100. I know I could get little cheaper from internet but $100 and I can get it today, I couldn't resist. Anyway, I am going try it on my tank but the pump is bigger than I expected. I don't think I can fit it back compartment of my Nanocube. I will probably put it on the side. It will little ugly but I would rather get cleanier water for my tank than little ugly appearance.

I should upgrade my tank to 26 or 30G soon, so I will put it on my sump later. I will post some picture if things go well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: