Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Very strange- two of my Zoo colonies (eagle eyes and tiger eyes) placed near the bottom of my tank are starting to 'melt', after having done really well the last 6 months or so. My other zoos near the top of my tank (fire n ice) are doing fantastic and look amazing. I got all three colonies in the same shipment- does the light intensity make that much of a differance? My water params haven't changed much (besides a temp. spike from 76 to 80 the other day when I accidently moved my heater setting- my acan wasnt too happy but has since recovered.)

I don't think anything is munching on them as I haven't noticed this until now- is there anything specific zoos need? Strange how the others are all doing fine (near the top of tank).

16g bowfront- 80w pc lighting...

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I would say moderate- I can see my xenia blowing around, but its more of a gentle flow.

Just thought of one thing- I've read of zoo 'irritators' such as spaghetti worms, etc. I have a ton of those in my tank that have their 'arms' feeling around the rocks all day. My zoos are also close to my scooter blenny's path where he walks on the sand- would sand irritate them so much they would die? If so should I just blow the sediment off every night?

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I forgot where i read it but sand irritates the zoos also. Anyhow, sometimes when my zoos stop opening or seems to be shrinking I bring the pieces over to the powerhead once a day and blow everything off and use my tweezers to manually remove some dirt attached to it....eventually they reopen again for me. Hope that helps

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: