S

steveo32

Just wondering what large angels anyone has had success with in a reef tank. My tanks does not have many stonies nor will it. I just have 2 monti digi's.It's a 125 tank and the aquascaping is done so that there is plenty or room to swimm in the middle and hidding spots. thank you

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I had a beautiful Majestic Angel that pretty much left everything alone except for a pagoda cup that would lose a polyp every once in a while...

It hurt when it died in the blackout.

-Alfred

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
steveo32 said:
My tanks does not have many stonies nor will it.

imo i feel that large angels are more prone to eating fleshy lps or soft corals rather then sps. my regal, majestic and scribble, ate all my zoos (although that was my intention).

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a large regal 5" and a 4" asfur for the most part they ate my zoos occasionally pick at my toal stool leather but shows no stress or damage.
I keep them well fed and they love the red nori (laver) I leave on clip

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I have a 4" Regal in my mixed reef. Demolished the zoos, thas about it. The SPS and softies are pretty much left alone. If you dont mind sacrificing your zoos, go for it then. However I heard they may nip at clams, thats the only reason Im avoiding getting a clam.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
thanks jawwad I just sent you a pm. The only thing I think I would stay away for mthat angel because in every book its says like only experts should keep them and I 'm still a newbie so I wouldn't want to sacrafice a fish. IDK what to do, I want like this show piece fish for my tank. I mean I got this bigger tank now and I set everyting up just the way I want it and I feel like I'm missing this beatyful colored angel that looks huge in the tank and everybody going to look and and say OMG. You know what I mean. Oh an as a side note I just saw this huge freaking salfin tang at Pets Place II in nanuet. This thing was like 12" from top fin to bottom fin. I was huge

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
From everything I have read and all of the PM's... (I am researching adding an angel) The safest bet is to add a clam BEFORE you add an angel. The "smell" of the slime the clam puts out when stressed must be like the smell of a good steak on the grill to me. ;-)

I am definately looking to buy a nice Red Sea angel. If anyone hears of one for sale please keep me in mind.

-Alfred

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think I might go with this fish I forget the name but I just saw one tonight and I like to call it the poor man;s conspictious angel. It looks exactly the same except that it doesn't have the mask on the eyes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: