JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The MP10 is rated from a 2.5G to a 50G tank 200- 1,575 GPH of movement
The MP20 is for 30-70G 500 - 2,000 GPH of flow
The MP40 is for 50-500+G 1,000 to 3,200 GPH of flow.

Thats right off Ecotechs site.

I have a 20 and a 10 on my 65 the 20 is on the sidewall and the 10 I put on the back wall to create more than one flow pattern. Theyre expensive but in my eyes worth every penny but as stated before it wouldnt be my priority if other things are needed and you already have koralias which are very good powerheads also

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I recently purchased 2 MP40w's. Boy, are they powerful. For larger tanks, buying a pair is cool because they can wirelessly communicate with each other.

For my tanks, they are way "overkill" however, they are considered top notch.

Their famous negative is of course their price...

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
This might be a stupid noob question but do you put both your return pump and vortech in standby mode when you feed? Pressing 2 buttons on my RKL and then doing whatever I would need to do on the vortech controller would get annoying quickly. If you run the vortech through your main controller then the clock settings would get messed up. Am I missing something?

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
pweissma,

For me, I place my sump return pump and other pumps on one surge protector, so I just turn off surge protector during feeding.

I do like the feature on some controllers for feed mode. However, for now, this is fine.

One thing, is that having all pumps on one circuit is not as good as on a separate line, for problems.

However, I also have a battery backup pump, so I am ok.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: