Rating - 100%
103   0   0
hi guys ever since i removed my skimmer my temp has been stable but i noticed my nitrate does not drop. now i tested my nitrate and on my api kit it was between 5 and 10 ppm. my test kit is a little old but ive still used it. now when i use to have my skimmer i would have 0 ppm. today i did a 10g water change, now the water has been in a tubber ware for 3weeks cuz i need more salt and i added it last night. and when i tested my tank i got the same reading???? my tds shows 0 on rodi. is it because i have no skimmer and rhe organics is playin a part. i still runnin phoban reactor with media and carbon passive.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Since reading a nitrate test gives you more of a range than an exact number, I wouldn't expect to see much of a difference in the reading after a 10g water change.
The lack of a skimmer on the tank surely also has an affect as you have nothing removing the organics from the tank.

You might want to try running more carbon - and changing it frequently - or adding a skimmer back on there.

Carbon actually does a remarkable job in removing undesirable things from a tank - if you change it regularly :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: