johnny roastbeef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just got done doing some maintenance on my system, finally changing a very dirty filter sock that was at least 3 days overdue. Anyway, I ended up spending no less than 10 minutes trying to pick every last tiny pod out of the sock. I even got a little worm of some sort and a white brittle star. There was definitely more things living in the felt, but I finally came to my senses and tossed the sock in the bucket to wash.

I might have issues.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You are not alone, I pick off each and every one. Silly I know, but I hate to see anything die unnecessarily.

How sad is this..on my boat over the weekend I tossed one of my fenders on the deck and a bunch of pods fell off the line..what did I do, I put a wet papertowel on them, scooped them up and put them back in the OCEAN..sue me, I can't not do it..lol

You will be surprised by how many folks on here do the same...lol

johnny roastbeef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My son stopped eating shrimp for years, because he was so freaked out over all the pods living on the dock lines.

You are not alone, I pick off each and every one. Silly I know, but I hate to see anything die unnecessarily.

How sad is this..on my boat over the weekend I tossed one of my fenders on the deck and a bunch of pods fell off the line..what did I do, I put a wet papertowel on them, scooped them up and put them back in the OCEAN..sue me, I can't not do it..lol

You will be surprised by how many folks on here do the same...lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: