mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
guys i need help my 150 gal tank was perfect but now i got ick not on my old fish (hippo tang 5",purple tang5" 3 inch yellow tang)but when i introduce new fish it looks good eate good for 3 to4 days then start to itch on sand or rock and stop eating and dies ,all old fish doing fine i even have 4 clown fish klarki and tomato.

any advise

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Don't buy anymore fish until you know exactly what's wrong.You didn't mention the names of the fishes that died ,your water pars. pH ,nitrate/ nitrite and how much live rock if any.Your new fishes are been stressed .

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
120 pound live rock ph is 8.1 to 8.2 nitrite is 0 nitrate is les then .5 and phosphate is .6 temp is now 81 to see if i have any ick no white spot 200 snails and few corals

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the one died coral beauty and midnight angel and imperor angel juvinal
powder blue ` and salfin tang and medium hippo .

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
any advise from expert member to day i check my ph is 8.2 my phosphate is .4 my nitrate is les then 10 my nitrite is 0 perfect my calcium lavel is 420

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
The tangs you mentioned especially the Powder Blue is considered difficult to keep an ich magnet .The coral beauty isn't easy either ,the Emporor Angel is fairly easy but they don't like a lot of tank mates.Although they are many types of marine parasites it's hard to say which one is the culprite .A 30 watt sterilizer will help but remember the fishes you wanted to keep need lots of space, an abundance of good quality foods to stay healthy and not too many tank mates.

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i have a 36 watts sterilizer and denitreate ystem with ro water and phosphate reactor and lots of macro algee and red mangrover seading plant all ind are perfect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: