B

bighev08

I have a 29gal tank set up for fish only. It has finally cycled and I have added 3 snails and 2 hermit crab over 48hrs ago. My question is, should add alittle fish food for the crab? Also how long should I wait until I add my 1st fish?

B

bighev08

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The cycling took 5 weeks. Ammonia0 nitrite0 nitrate20. How often should I feed alittle to the crab

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
how much live rock do you have? your probably going to get a small amount of cyno bacteria since its new, which the snails depending on which kind can graze upon. your two hermit crabs wont require that much food. once you get your first fish, the extra food the fish does not eat will end up crab food. for now id say throw in a 1/4 cube of some brine or mysis and you should be ok. start simple with your fish, maybe a pair of green chromis or something. dont jump right into anything drastic for fish. what kind of fish do you like? we can help you out on your selection if you want :)

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
The reason why people have problems with damsels is because they don't know how to care for them properly.They are small ,tuff ,beautiful and cheap, you know how people love cheap. As long as it's cheap people buy them without doing any research or they simply underestimate these beautifull animals.
Damsels are no more aggresive then tangs or wrasses to name a few so why everyone is picking on damsels ?Damsels are one of my favorite marine fish Btw and they are some of the tuffest marine fishes IMO.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Btw... they are not too many marine fishes that can be housed comfortably in a 29 gal. apart from Damsels.And yeah clownfishes are Damsels .

reefnhard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
o dude dont get me wrong they are great fish but when your trying to keep a certain type of fish and stay away from the common damsels but your wife loves them they are pain in the butts...so i jus gave her,her own take.....she made me buy them on impulse i never cared for them...my bad dre didnt mean to insult your fish choice

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
o dude dont get me wrong they are great fish but when your trying to keep a certain type of fish and stay away from the common damsels but your wife loves them they are pain in the butts...so i jus gave her,her own take.....she made me buy them on impulse i never cared for them...my bad dre didnt mean to insult your fish choice
It's cool man, i know first hand they can be a real pain sometimes but beautifull.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: