• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
OK after much testing for over a hr and a half I have found this

rodi water
0.00 ppm test done 3 times with 5min interivals

rodi water in homedepo paint bucket
0.12 ppm test done 3 times with 10min intervials

rodi water in salt bucket
0.00 ppm test done 4 times with 10min intervials

rodi water with ocianic salt
0.02ppm test done 4 times with 10min intervials

I am guessing now that it is the bad salt from brightwell and also the bucket that would add to the ppm going up in the tank.

I have changed salt back to ocianic and will continue to use this salt.

I applure you to do your own testing and see what you find then type it up on this thread so we can keep studies of this because I do not think there is realy any testing done on salts for leaching ppms into the water except for what Rick stated as tropic marine pro, which is blasted over the internet.

I am using a hanna meeter and a glass buffer cloth to buff out the glass. The meeter was not moved in any of these testings.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Anthony did you test salt water in the home depot bucket? Based on the number you posted so far you may be seeing the buckets more the problem than the salt, also I don't believe the Lowes/HD buckets are food safe. I remember using a cheap orange cup to scoop salt, left it in the bucket and cam back the following week to orange salt.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
wow I could imagin, it gets very techinical when it comes to phosphates and also salts and all that fun stuff.

I would not be supprised one bit if you came back to orange salt the dye they use in the buckets and everything. I am going to do some more testing for now and post the results.

I hope this helps out new reefers who want to cut coners and now read all of this

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: