Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well after numerious posts about how frustrated i was and almost leaving the hobby due to the site of green murkey water....and the discovery of a huge sulfide/sulfate problem.....look at the tank now.....its nothing short of a mini miracle....lets just hope it stays that way....

Thanks to all that helped once again...and a special thanks to DragonWrasse for some new frags and stuff.....

Attachments

• New Sand`.jpg
    New Sand`.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 236
  • New Zoos.jpg
    New Zoos.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 239

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Damn, congrats man - in a few days that baby should be sparklin'

I have a tennis ball sized piece of green button polyps if you want it - freebies always kick start my enthusiasm.

Also, I would stay diligent about water changes due to the rock an it's history in the tank. Just that it promotes healthy development.

LMK,

House

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Damn, congrats man - in a few days that baby should be sparklin'

I have a tennis ball sized piece of green button polyps if you want it - freebies always kick start my enthusiasm.

Also, I would stay diligent about water changes due to the rock an it's history in the tank. Just that it promotes healthy development.

LMK,

House

House that would be great, I appreciate it =)
When do you think i should do i water change in your opinion and what percentage, i wanna start over right so these things are important....

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Good to hear - I would do 10-20% for the first few weeks and test a day or so after doing the change. I typically test the day after and the day before water changes to see where I am with parameters.

Once you catch up on water changes and the tank starts to rebound, you can cheat a little and skip a week here and there.

Good luck and replied to your PM, re: frag.

House

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
happy to help bro, I hope I never see one of those threads from u again

Otherwise your gonna be sleeping w/ the fishes ;)

all youve go to do now is to try to keep this tank stable by not overfeeding, and trying to minimize waste1

The more crap or (crappers for that matter) you have in that tank the harder it will be to keep things clean and stable.

GL!

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah your def right.....what does everyone think of the rock work that was a quick set up, but i think i may keep it like that....

I'll give it a solid week before i get really excited bc thats what happened when i upgraded from the 30g i got a week of happiness followed by 6 months of blah and frustration....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
lolz hopefully its all going to be better from here. take some pics of the full tank. so we can see the whole tank. well def. do water changes as what was said def. 10 to 20% weekly is a good idea. and def. minimize the waste. you can do that by cutting back on food. what kind of skimmer do you have on that tank.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Progress

Def will keep everyone up to date with this one....Some things I have noticed so far (Day 2)

Sediment is floating on the top 2 inches of water not the surface just like being blown around at the top area....how would i go about clearing that....i know its still early and the top portion of the tank is still minorly cloudy.....

Did a small water test and PH is low about 7.6 right now but everything else is fine...does ph get effected by temp because i notice my heater wasnt on and temp of water got alittle cold about 75.....

I will post more pics later on due to the batteries in my digi needing charging

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
shieet

try not to let your pH go down that far, things will die at that low range

as for the surface scum, do u have a skimmer? if so try to aim a powerhead or something to mix it into the tank water for it to take it out of the water column, its prbly bcuz of your new sandbed(you used new sand right?) otherwise thats all sh!t up there.

2. You can grab a bounty paper towel and place it on the top a few times, it should help take the milkshake look off

HTH

remember freshwater fish live at 7.0-7.2 you dont want that to happen

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah so about the PH i have some PH adjuster powder i thinks its proper ph 8.2 should i dose some of that ? or continue to monitor it.....

as far as the rock work i think ill leave it for now...and yah i have a skimmer but dispenses alot of microbubbles when skimming and skims very wet right now....its an aqaurium systems skimmer hang on type.....

Kuya tell me when you can go cause he is available later in the evenings....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: