bkov

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you dont have your own filter...where do you buy your ro/di water and how much do you pay? AF in clifton sells it which is close by but wants 89cents a galllon which i thought was alittle expensive

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
yea man making RO is SUCH a PITA I think I'm going to just buy it it takes forever not to mention the amount of water it wastes in the process..not very "green"

There still is waste water when you buy it, you just don't see it cause they're wasting the water and you only see the clean RO. At least if you make it yourself, you can monitor how clean in PPM the water is.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Well obviously lol someone has to waste it..I was thinking about buying seawater I forgot to add that part. Either way though if I was going to use RO I would rather buy it then sit there for 100 hours watching a little tube drip. I got that fire water ice snow sleet hail hurricane tornado unit and it suckssss 150gpd my arse! it takes about 3-4 hours to make 1 5 gallon bucket

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Well obviously lol someone has to waste it..I was thinking about buying seawater I forgot to add that part. Either way though if I was going to use RO I would rather buy it then sit there for 100 hours watching a little tube drip. I got that fire water ice snow sleet hail hurricane tornado unit and it suckssss 150gpd my arse! it takes about 3-4 hours to make 1 5 gallon bucket

When my water output decreases so much, I just change the prefilters and it goes back to its normal output.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Then unless you're exaggerating on how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket, something is wrong with the unit, either the wrong flow restrictor, not enough PSI in your faucet or something else. Since its brand new, you should contact the vendor. My 60GPD unit produces very close to 60 gallons a day like it supposed to when it has new filters. I actually leave it on for 12 hours to fill my 30 gallon brute can every 2 weeks.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Well its a bit of a drive for u even for me but I don't mind caus at 2 bucks for 5 gallons u can't beat that in dunellen a place called redsand he's got both clean and premixed premixed is a lil more everytime I go I pick up about 20 gal for 8 bucs can't go wrong

bkov

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its a bit of a drive for u even for me but I don't mind caus at 2 bucks for 5 gallons u can't beat that in dunellen a place called redsand he's got both clean and premixed premixed is a lil more everytime I go I pick up about 20 gal for 8 bucs can't go wrong

yeah im in essex county also. i heard good reviews about rendsand. so whats the best bet? buy a bunch of 5g buckets with lids from home depot and bringing them over?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: