Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok well since the other post got overwhelmed which is a good thing didnt know if anyone was looking at it anymore so here is another post with pic updates...
Been running BakPak Skimmer for 12 hrs now and cleaned the entire sump out, got that back up and running again as well with new filter media....

Attachments

• SideGreen.jpg
    SideGreen.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 160
  • TopGreen.jpg
    TopGreen.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 162
  • FrontGreen.jpg
    FrontGreen.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 163
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Is this the latest pics?

I have once seen your tank clearing up. Is this your latest thread?

If so, what happened to the short temperary clearing up of the tank?

Oh, did you read my reply to your post with duckweed?

I battle aglae with duckweed (as in water treatment plants) in freshwater tank but do not know if there is a saltwater version of it. It take away the phosphate (not sulfate-my bad) and compete with the aglae with nutrients like nitrogen from ammonia and nitrate. If there is a salt water version, try at your own risk because I don't know what's the effect of duckweed on corals.

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
sorry if someone already asked this, but what water are you using?
if you have a ro or ro/di filter, do you have a TDS meter? maybe the cartridges are damaged or defective...

whoever is visiting you better bring a big tool set and mucho reef equip/test kits. ...lol :smokin:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
WingoAgency said:
I have once seen your tank clearing up. Is this your latest thread?

If so, what happened to the short temperary clearing up of the tank?

Oh, did you read my reply to your post with duckweed?

I battle aglae with duckweed (as in water treatment plants) in freshwater tank but do not know if there is a saltwater version of it. It take away the sulfate and compete with the aglae with nutrients. If there is a salt water version, try at your own risk because I don't know what's the effect of duckweed on corals.

Well considering the tank use to look like this....I would say something is working if minimally ....

Attachments

• Swamp.jpg
    Swamp.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 152

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok well here is a good sign (i guess) that i have found that is not right in the tank...just did a phosphate test and came up with very high results, top of the reader....now would this be causing the bloom not to go away ?

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Chris5 said:
Ok well here is a good sign (i guess) that i have found that is not right in the tank...just did a phosphate test and came up with very high results, top of the reader....now would this be causing the bloom not to go away ?

Do a WC then try to run phosban or rowaphos. See if there's any change. JMy0.02

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Not to try and tell you what type of fish you have. But that first post with the pictures sure looks like it has a naso in it. Naso's need a minimum of 125G if you ask me.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
LoL here comes the tang police....believe me not to sound rude but i have heard that a million times and trust me on this one, if you know how big he was and what he has been through you would understand that naso's are by far in my book one of the most hardiest tangs i have ever seen, with a personality that cant be duplicated .....but this discussion is for another post....

so now on to what kind of phosphate media i should be looking for....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: