jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
you can use the dried stuff that you can buy in the supermarket or in chinatown. i dont keep any tangs anymore, but when i did that is what i would buy. its about 1/4 the price of nori for the aquarium trade.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok. so im gonna start feeding it flakes or pellets in the morning and seaweed all day long and then some shrimp for dinner. does that sound good guys???

yes but dont over feed on the flakes and mysis, just enough for it to be eaten with in a minute or so.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
just go easy on the feeding. you dont need to fatten the fish up in a week. as long as it is eating a good and varied diet it will gain weight over time. trying to do it quickly will just foul your water.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
i have a question on how you put your nori in the tank. my tang is scared of the clip . how do you reccomend putting it in the tank.

rubber band and a rock. just cris-cross its. i should get used to the clip eventually.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
just put it in the clip and leave it. the fish will get used to it. you can also rubberband it to a rock. kinda more natural but then you have to fish out the rock from the bottom of the tank every day.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
my clips always broke, so I would use my magfloat (magnetic cleaning widget) and put the seaweed between the glass and the inside cleany-thing and the outside one opposite that - the fish were used to the magfloat thingy, so no worries.

I tried the rock, but having to fish it out got old really fast.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
my clips always broke, so I would use my magfloat (magnetic cleaning widget) and put the seaweed between the glass and the inside cleany-thing and the outside one opposite that - the fish were used to the magfloat thingy, so no worries.

I tried the rock, but having to fish it out got old really fast.

i think the salt water wears it out, i take mine out of the water once they've eaten. im gong to try somthing new with plastic netting (like the kind used to hold garlic together) and a rock because the biggest issue i have is that when they break off more then they can chew they ignore it. so my hope is the netting will assure that the pieces they pluck off are small enough to eat. i dont really mind fishng it out of the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: