morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Does anyone have any Berghia nudibranches they can sell or spare.

Really need them desperately, killed a lot of my zoos. I have at least 100 of these little suckers.

Please let me know if you can help

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Those nudis are very difficult to keep and not a good solution.

The best thing to do with aiptasia is to manually remove as many as you can and maybe get a couple of peppermint shrimp. I have always had good luck with the peppermints and once watched one eviscerate aiptasia. IME they will only eat small ones and you still have to remove the larger ones manually. If you feed your tank heavily, the peppermint shrimp are less likely to eat the aiptasia. It's a little bit luck of the draw with those guys.

If you have access to a real syringe with a real needle, it's easy to kalk them. Make a thick kalk paste and shoot the substance directly into their bodies. When they shrivel up, use some tweezers or a scalpel to scrape that area of the rock really well. You want to make sure there is no bit of the anemone left or it will come back.

Good luck.

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
I have aiptasia X, and they are not working. I have a lot in the overflow area and they are bredding like crazy.

:(.

Everytime I blast them, they just come back stronger.

Sick of these little buggers.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Those nudis are very difficult to keep and not a good solution.
+1 ...IMO, not worth trying!
The best thing to do with aiptasia is to manually remove as many as you can and maybe get a couple of peppermint shrimp. I have always had good luck with the peppermints.
+1 ...Must be Caribbean peps.!

I've had great luck with a tassled (bristled tail) file fish, that I got about a year ago from Dom...Diamonds of the reef.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You don't need aiptasia X. Just get regular old Mrs. Wages lime. Mix it into a THICK paste and use a large gauge needle syringe (if you can get one). I promise it works, but you have to be diligent, you have to get the substance INTO or at least in the mouth of the aiptasia and you must scrape where it was. If you don't scrape, they come back.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Oh, and if they are in your overflow and you can reach your hand in there, you could tape a razor blade to a small siphon tube and just razor blade the sides of the overflow to get any remaining aiptasia bits. The siphon tube should pull them out before they mingle with the rest of your tank.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i know where morphiii is right now because i was there a few years back. i had let a outbreak get way too out of hand.. there was just too many to be slicing or be injecting without in messing with you water chemistry. i ended buying the nudis and in a few weeks --the outbreak of 100+ was all gone.. never had one appear again.. i ordered three for my 10 gallon.. good luck

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I hope this is not consider a hijack if it is my apologizes. That being said i had a file fish try to nibble on my clam and die for it when the clam snap shut on his head. Can someone tell me what nudis are.

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
They are tiny white slugs that only eat aiptasias. You put them in your tank and you never see them again. After a few days you will notice your aiptasia gone. They will eat all ur aiptasias and after will die. Apprently that the only thing they eat

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
one thing people mis-understand with the nudi's is the amount needed to do the job, personally id get a few pepperment shrimp and dont feed the tank, this has worked for me, as well as a copperband butterfly neither will eat the large aptasia but will clean out the smaller one's, kalkwater worked also but you have to make sure you get it directly into it, and dont tear the aptasia as it will release spores and cause more

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: