Status
Not open for further replies.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Nice Skimmer but needle wheel come on that bad for sps tanks. Needle wheels in Skimmers affect k levels in your tank . That's why they make pinwheeled now . If there's any zeo heads in here there confirm what I'm saying.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Nice Skimmer but needle wheel come on that bad for sps tanks. Needle wheels in Skimmers affect k levels in your tank . That's why they make pinwheeled now . If there's any zeo heads in here there confirm what I'm saying.

You're reading to much crap on the internet :) I hope you're not referring to some discussion on the Zeovit forum at fact.

Last edited:

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
I do zoevit and had a needle wheel and my k levels every week would get low and would have to dose weekly. Now have a needle wheel and never dose for k levels . So don't talk if you never tested your k level before.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Re: awesome skimmer

batt600 said:
I do zoevit and had a needle wheel and my k levels every week would get low and would have to dose weekly. Now have a needle wheel and never dose for k levels . So don't talk if you never tested your k level before.

I call BS

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
From the zeovit guide:

As mentioned earlier, the basis of this method relies on export of harmful substances through skimming. Continuous use and frequent cleaning should be conducted in order to keep the skimmer performing at its maximum level. The results are better when the skimmer is adjusted in order not to produce too much concentrated skimmate (wet skimming). We would like to point out that it is our thought that needle wheels may precipitate certain elements and destroy plankton. These elements, e.g. such as potassium, will need to be re-added to the system. Do not use a skimmer that is too oversized or employ wet skimming if you use a needle wheel skimmer. We recommend the use of venturi type skimmers.

Although you have to ask... if you use an oversized needle wheel and skim wet, do you really need zeovit? It sounds to me like they're saying "skim just enough that your tank doesn't crash and use our stuff to make up for the fact that your skimmer isn't strong enough"

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Yeah they seem to keep adding more and more caveats.

A skimmer is important but don't skim too hard. Sounds pretty annoying.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I don't really care what my potassium levels are. Plenty of reef tanks look incredible without supplemented potassium.

The Zeovit system, from what I've read, hinders zooxanthellae within corals. In doing so, they look pretty. To me, it sounds like steroids for corals. If I want an unnaturally colored coral, I can get a fake one at Petco.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

batt600 said:
So you guys tell me what's your k levels that use a pinwheel on there Skimmers. Come on tell me. O my falt you most likely don't own one

I don't measure K levels and do just fine...because I don't use zeovit.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
I don't measure K levels and do just fine...because I don't use zeovit.

You may not have a low k level most salts used has potassium in it i am refurring to the one that use a needle wheel with there skimmer. Know if you all dont know im just talking about the needle wheel being use no the skimmer .

Low k leveles affect purples it my look purple to but may not be at full color it also affect reds as well and if your caps are not that birght and is pale your potassium levels are low. It also will affect some greens aslo

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

beerfish said:
Can someone translate?

Translation:

If you are not satisfied with your coloration after using our product. You must buy our potassium supplement, potassium test kit, and our nifty venturi skimmer.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
So you guys tell me what's your k levels that use a pinwheel on there Skimmers. Come on tell me. O my falt you most likely don't own one

They've got you brainwashed :)

Seriously though, I have tested K before. I no longer have a kit because it wasn't worth testing for or maintaing. Explain to me how a needlewheel lowers K levels. If this is the case somehow, do you really think a lower K level is considered unhealthy for SPS?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Now i see why theres tons of people that dont post anymore on this site . Theres alot of people that think thay know and dont now gunk half the the people on MR do every thing wrong and alway complaing about there tank crashing . Ow i have so many years doing this . I know everything and you dont . There alot of people that do alot of things for so many year and need to give it up because there not good at it at all. At lease the people on the RC forum now what there tanking about all on hear dont .

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I've read this twice and it still doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying this to be insulting, but it's difficult to have a discussion with you when your spelling and grammar are this bad. You may want to consider running your posts through a spell check to avoid being misunderstood.

From what I gathered, you use zeovit, and that's fine. I don't like the way the system works, and have seen amazing tanks that don't use it. When you make a blanket claim that a type of skimmer is no good, you'll need to back it or expect an argument. If that's not what you intended to say, then again, you should really consider using a spell check before posting so that you're not misunderstood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: