• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
We are very pleased to announce that we will be adding another EXCITING Demo to the Fall Swap this year in addition to our always popular - and sometimes wet Fragging Demo - we are adding a DIY LED Lighting Demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our very own Tony Tosiek, Ming and Smoq will be presenting a demonstration on how to get familiar with all of those oddly named little parts..crees and optical do-hickeys (ok, I added that in there...) and heat sinks and all sorts of things you will need to build your own LED light :)

They will even be putting together a simple fixture during the demo!

Cool eh?

As a follow up - after the swap - we will have a follow up DIY LED Thread where you can ask all of your questions and get answers from people you trust who are armed with the knowledge to help you be successful whether you want to build a full scale LED light for over your DT, or a smaller version for your fuge ~

We will be adding this LED Demo to out schedule soon and it will be taking place in the conference room so that you can hear all they are sharing! There will also be a slide show so that you won't miss anything!

So do join us and welcome your newest Demo Team to our Fall 2010 Manhattan Reefs Frag Swap!!

Not signed up for the Swap? What the heck are you waiting for??????????

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I think finding "research" on LED's is difficult. Not only is the information hard to understand, but there are so many outrages claims about lighting that I tend to ignore all of it, even the stuff that is accurate. I understand questions about LED's b/c I have a hard time understanding the information myself, perhaps that is why the LED questions do not bother me.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
We are very pleased to announce that we will be adding another EXCITING Demo to the Fall Swap this year in addition to our always popular - and sometimes wet Fragging Demo - we are adding a DIY LED Lighting Demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would probably avoid putting them next to each other. Wet fragging and electricity don't mix well... unless there's also beer involved. :shhh:

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be recorded.
Wait a second... that means I'll be on camera! :Yikes:

Yes! I would love to be able to make the swap, but some how I don't think I can make the trip from Missouri! Have a great time all of you, and I am realy looking forward to the pod cast. Thanks for doing that. Is there a list of other pod casts on here? I looked but didnt find the link -long week so eyes are not working the best right now, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: