Status
Not open for further replies.

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

Some people are straight up out of control... Its an event no one needs to wait for anyone. First come first serve on corals and food. I've never been to and event but from what I'm told MR does great. No matter what you are always going to have people that complaint even about the most pitty stuff (ohh is too cold, too warm, not enough pizza, too much pizza). That is why we must look at the positive and not concentrate on meaningful complaints. Just a question who goes to a MR event to eat anyways???

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Great swap, everything was great but I can easily see why people complained about food. Someone should be put in charge of food (multiple individuals as a group) so that it runs smoother and there is enough for everyone to go around.

At $25 per guest I certainly feel that food should be included in the price. I am sure that handing out a piece of each would solve the problem.

One sandwich, one slice, one bag of chips, a cookie and soda would make for more than a decent lunch. Knowing that there is food at the swap I didn't eat at home (lack of time) and run out the door to get there ASAP. From previous events I've learned that you have to be early "in to win"

Great swap, great selection and great speakers. I did get to eat one of each except chips (didn't want them)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Would it be easier to take the food budget out of the admission price and allow a 3rd party vendor to come in and sell food?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
when i saw this thread..i thought it was gonna say stuff like..we should have more vendors..or..there should be music playing..or there should be a projector screen...or something..but damn..food? i didnt go to this swap..but i have been to the last 3 or 4..i remembered if they ran out of food..KATHY always said..dont worry guys we are ordering more..so basically..she catered to everyones needs. real talk, $25 makes up for the cheap prices, not having vendors ship to your house, demonstrations, and most of all...education and meeting people.. and not just anyone. people who love what we all love. so with that being said..can we get steak at the next swap? $75 admission!! hahahaha!! and seriously, if a woman ever pushes me out the way for anything..id be the one saying sorry for being in her way. thats just me. see you all at the next swap!!

p.s.
i just ate lunch, but now im craving pizza..thanks..now im really gonna be bloated..

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
I think you guys are taking the criticism too personal. Constructive criticism is a good thing and can only help future events. Regardless if someone who gives input on what went wrong was saying it in a snide way or not shouldn't detract from the value of what was said.

Not everyone has the luxury of time in helping out in events. For me personally, I like to be involved and help, especially when I am new to the forum but every hour I was there, I was losing money and putting myself in a difficult situation with a job i needed to complete. I am sure others also had obligations to attend.

Other than some minor issues, I thought you guys all rocked.

I will say, the main thing that interested me about this swap was speakers. I was a bit disappointed there was only the 1 speaker and demo. I understand that sh!t happens but it would be nice if maybe some of the hardcore members on here who do have some relatively good knowledge on subjects step up. Maybe next swap, you could get a few of the members to share their knowledge on specific topics? I personally feel there is never enough perspectives and new knowledge to pass up to learn.

J
your right...

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Jeesh a 6 page thread with people ripping at other peoples throats about some pizza..... Was the pizza that good??

It's Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.

500px-Maslow%27s_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
every swap it is the same complaint about food, even if it was free to get in people would still complain about not getting food. for me the $25 isn't for the food, but a chance to hang out with a few hundred other's who are as crazy about the hobby as i am, it's the whole event, the chance to get deals you wont get any other time and to be able to see more frags then any store has. and btw for those who don't know both events have caffeteria's sp ? that sell food and had vending machines if you was that hungry to curve the appitite.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
This is F'ing ridiculous..REALLY? All that stuff going on and all people can do is ***** about food? Honestly who cares if people eat 3 sandwiches? At the end of the day there is ALWAYS leftover food. There is something to eat no matter what, you just might have to wait for it. As someone said "How many pizzas do you think they can make in an hour?" Like Rick said also THERE IS A CAFETERIA AND VENDING MACHINES if you can't wait. I mean jesus there always has to be someone to say something negative. A LOT of hard work and effort goes into these events which is why there is only 2 a year. Most of us I guess you can call us the "regulars" who just love getting together with other members and do so any chance we get. We APPRECIATE everything that goes into it.
BOO HOO my heart aches for you.

As far as Kathy goes she has the weight of the world on her shoulders organizing that raffle is a HUGE project. It's really nice that so many people can win so many great and useful prizes. Like someone else said also between setting up,cleaning up ,running the event it is A TON of work. So appreciate the swaps for what they are and don't sweat minor BS.

Jbobaloo

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me just say for the record, I never meant anyone to take this too seriously or personally. I offered a suggestion to make an improvement, and I volunteered to do what I can to make it happen. I love the hobby and the reef community! And I had a WONDERFUL time at the swap and I'm grateful for everything everyone did - both recognized and unrecognized. I look forward to the swaps all year now that I know they exist! I realized too late that this thread should have been sent to a mod as a message instead. My apologies for those that took offense or saw it as a whine.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
jbob..since you will be helping organize the food for next swap..i was serious about some steak and lobster..hahaha!! hopefully no one is selling any reef lobsters at the next swap!! hahahaha

rebelson

Shatter your reality
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Unfortunately I couldn’t make it because of work, but, I will be making it to the next swap. Food would be the LAST thing on my mind when I’m in the company of fellow hobbyists and vendors, and last but not least: CORALS and FRAGS! LOL! I seriously doubt that a petty scenario such as this one should have made its way in to a thread. If the OP had a gripe about the way Kathy handled the situation then the OP should have spoken to her directly about it.

I see this thread as nothing more than a cheap shot to put her on the spot.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
lol maybe he should change his screen name to littledog now

imma be a bigdog for life, but it was unneccesary for people to be rude, the situation could of been handled much different. There was no need for rudeness, everybody went there to enjoy themselves and get the great deals the vendors offered. I know everyone there put in alot of time and hard work. But u also know what kinda situation its going to be. This was my first swap and most likely wont be my last. And i know its a bunch of hobbyist who r putting this together but it wasnt there first time and wont be there last. Lets just hope it will be more organized next time. And i will volunteer to help in any way for the next swap.

PS. nyreefnoob,,thanks for bringing down the skimmer!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: