rhudgins

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a 34 gallon Solana tank running a coralife 150 watt mh pendant with a 14k phoenix bulb. The tank is nice but I am looking to get a little more "pop" in the color of the corals. Can anyone recommend a good LED strip of some kind as a supplemental light? Are there are any flexible LED strip lights that I could mount to the bottom rim of the pendant instead of a solid strip that lies across the length of the tank?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I have a 34 gallon Solana tank running a coralife 150 watt mh pendant with a 14k phoenix bulb. The tank is nice but I am looking to get a little more "pop" in the color of the corals. Can anyone recommend a good LED strip of some kind as a supplemental light? Are there are any flexible LED strip lights that I could mount to the bottom rim of the pendant instead of a solid strip that lies across the length of the tank?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
is the coralife 150 mh round or rectangular? If round, then you are out of luck. If the rim is hot, you are out of luck too. Otherwise, there are options you can choose from.

rhudgins

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The rim is round and it does not get hot. I am not a DIY kind of guy lol so that is probably out of the equation. Does anybody else have any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't know a good one, but I know that the EcoXotic Stunner strips would not be good. I have one for a moonlight and when my LED's and LED strip are on at the same time you can't tell the strip is on. I know LED's and MH are not the same, but I imagine it would be the same scenario. Multiple strips maybe?? But IMO not worth the money to experiment!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: