topmav1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I used to drip Kalwasser for my top off. Now I bought an ATO with sensors so there is more water added at one specific time rather than gradually. I know that adding a sig amount of kalwasser water to the tank at once can mess with your pH. How can I still use Kalwasser with the ATO?

The one I bought is by Reef Fanatic.

Thanks

topmav1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

topmav1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yes but that's the question here...its not that it adds water frequently but when it does, it prob adds about an 1"-1.5" of water in a 20gal high sump...not sure what that equates to in volume.

Or were you referring to the concentration of Kalwasser when I make the water?? I used to use about 2 tsp per gallon of RO/DI water.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
cut it to 1 tablesppon so it isnt as strong so when it add's no tadding as much at once, also can use vinegar mix { i do this } to lower the ph but raise redundancy of kalk

topmav1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
What kind of pump are you using for your ATO? Sounds like a lot of water at once. I run kalk with an ATO and use an aqualifter pump. If you have a pH controller, you can also tell it to shut off if the pH gets out of whack.

Not sure which pump...its not so much the pump its just the the sensor on the Reef Fanatic acts like the "float valve" so the water will go down a certain amount until the sensor drops to a certain point and then the pump kicks on until that float sensor rises to its original point which is normally about an 1".

Maybe thats the best thing...reducing the strength of the mix to 1 tsp instead of 2 like Nyreefnoob said....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: