• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with aquariums made from Glasscages? Especially a very large aquarium. I saw reviews were mainly about the bad glue job but how about the reliabilty? Would anyone put their trust in them for a 450 gallon tank?

I really would appreciate anytype of feedback or opinions about this company. I am working to put together 2 big aquariums but I need to know how safe these aquariums would be

Thanks,

Jeremy

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I have a an 8' 240g. reef ready system from them that has been fine. The silicone work was very sloppy, but there have been no leaks or anything like that. I think the biggest thing with them is to stick to their standard sizes and configurations. I have never heard of a good outcome with them when special sizes or hole/overflow configurations etc. are requested regardless of the extreme detail you might take in sending them plans, diagrams and explaining things over the phone. Their customer service is not very good, so it is when you run into problems that they become really frustrating to work with. You can't beat the price, but you do get what you pay for especially in terms of customer service. You are welcome to come check out my system anytime if you'd like.

Brian65901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sloppy workmanship but OK for the price

I know a few people who purchased 120's and 180's when empty they looked like someone was high when they put the silicone on the joints. But after the water and stock went in its not noticeable and its been at least a few years now with no problems.
For what you save its worth it unless you are a perfectionist.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: