S

stealyourhouse

Staten Island is definitely an easier drive than Westchester, but it's also more expensive to get to.

I just got an email saying the Verazzano toll is being raised to $8. A drive to NY Aquaria costs me $1.

I'm not saying that would totally stop me from coming into Staten Island, but I wouldn't want to do it every weekend. Just something to take into consideration.

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on Staten Island so of course I would love to have you open your store here. Where on Staten Island are you looking?
Also I was thinking of starting so sort fish tank cleaning buisness also. So maybe if your looking to get someone to clean customers tanks in the future I may be of help to you.

L

LOVEMYREEF

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to touch on a few subjects
last i checked staten island is still accessible
manhatten - ferry to train bingo..store
bridge toll would be taken off purchase when you can show where ur traveling from..eg
I just drove here from manhatten...oh really do u live there? yup..ok show me yr registration or driver's license and we can take the toll off your bill...

and also have customers sign up for mailing list offering them discount cards.

Dave ESPI

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are serious about doing a set up for a store, contact me. I will plumb, and share my expertise as a Consulting contractor about ideal store fixtures and what not.

First and foremost.... the 3 L's of retail...

Location Location Location.

decide that, then PM or contact me. I am sure my time and input will be well worth your money.

I'll stake my reputation on it.

L

lucky reefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always looking for great advice from the true hobbiest

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I go through SI every other week on my way to Atlantic City. I have never intentionally stopped in SI for any reason. I also won't pay an $8 toll for any reason without a chance to make it back ;) I also found that there are more LI reefers with larger tanks than Brooklynites(Reef wise).

Start your buisness with knowlegeable people (staff) and don't sell people stuff they don't need for an arm and a leg and try to keep a sunny disposistion when idiots ask stupid redundant foolish questions. Take a swig from the bottle under the counter before opening the door and you will be OK. The killer of most buisnesses is the manner in which they conduct their day to day operation.

Attitudes, inaccurate information, high prices (non-competative). All the things people look for when shopping. Classes in store for kids and such is not a bright idea unless you are in it for the "sheer enjoyment of it all". Buisness is buisness.

I like to look at each purchase as if it is going to be the last one I make. I don't lounge but I like to take my time. If the store is to crowded I usually don't go in unless I already know what I want. I hate people rushing me. I like to feel comfortable when spending my cash on expendable items or anything for that matter.

So for me it is location then demeanor of staff and then atmosphere.

Pseudo
devil.gif

PS I also love free stuff :D

[ April 09, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Pseudo Boy ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: